Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2041 titans

1.3 - LB Leon Tanner, Maryland - 41/78 (after switch to MLB) 51/60

While CB Ashton Roberts would have filled the biggest need, we felt Tanner was a special talent. His volatility scares us a little as it is never fun to see a top 5 pick bust but we are hoping he booms instead. We moved him inside and our staff seem to think he will transition quite well.
    Time will tell but he may be more of a solid player than elite MLB. For now he is the starter for sure as we have little else to work with.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BazookaJohnny; 11-03-2014, 07:56 AM.

2.4 - DE Chester Bassett, Oklahoma State - 39/57 41/60
    Our second high-volatility player in the 1st two rounds and now we are truly playing with fire. Bassett is a tough run defender with a high motor. Unfortunately he is too small to move inside to DT so he will have to spell our starter Dion Jordan and Jadeveon Clowney.
    With Dion Jordan out for 4 weeks with a pres-season injury, Bassett learning as a back-up will have to wait. Fortunately his future looks bright still so happy with this pick.

3.3 - FS Brett Mowen, Alabama - 16/52 18/30
    I've come to expect little from picks who have such a gap from present to future rating. Mowen may surprise me but we like the fact he can return some kicks. play ST and is pretty good in zone coverage. He may get a chance to help immediately if he does anything during camp and pre-season as we are very weak in the secondary.
    Our bad luck with DBs continues as Mowen looks like a marginal player at best with a major future drop.

4.4 - LG Marvin Harrelson, Southern Miss - 21/38 23/39
    Not an especially great pick here but Harrelson can still prove me wrong. He screams out back-up material but may not get much duty there either if his pass blocking doesn't improve.
    Decent back-up when he improves up to mid 30's but would have preferred a low-level starter in 4th round.

5.3 - CB Mel Stazer, Marsall - 15/31 20/24
    The biggest concern to me with Stazer's potential to contribute is his lack of endurance. However, it seems he is going to be a solid ST player so has value in the 5th round.
    Fortunately he can play some ST so he will stick around.

6.4 - DT Roosevelt Fredrickson, Princeton - 27/47 28/42
    Sometimes drafting someone with a high volatility can be a good thing. When you take a shot on someone in the 6th round it can mean you get lucky or you lose very little. Fredrickson lacks the endurance to be a starter but may contribute as a back-up if he shows signs of improvement.
    Looks like the ratings line up with a back-up role and that is fine with me.

7.3 - WR Leslie Ballard, FSU - 16/37 18/27
    Ballard has good size at 6'4" but is a little on the wimpy side. His high endurance and decent route running gave me reason to take a shot in the dark on him. His lack of ST ability makes him a tough back-up to keep if he doesn't show some potential growth however.

Likely will be a healthy scratch unless we have injuries and likely will be cut when something better comes along.
    Last edited by BazookaJohnny; 11-03-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X