cyril has launched a new comic strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyril has launched a new comic strip

I have always wanted to do a comic strip. Originally I wanted to do a football themed one but I reckoned all those uniforms/helmets are so complicated to draw... and I shifted focus to an entirely different direction... a baby and his milk bottle. I want to capture the "innocence" of a baby and his mischievous daily routines. I am drawing inspirations from Calvin and Hobbes, my all-time favorite comic strip. I want to keep the drawing style simple and clean, relatively speech-free and take fewer than 10 seconds to digest. After years of procrastination, I finally took the action and launched the strip on both facebook and tumblr. I plan to update the strip at least 2/3 times per week.

http://onionbabycomics.tumblr.com/

fan page on FB where you can "like" (so you will be notified whenever a new strip is posted) and leave comments:

https://www.facebook.com/onionbabycomics

Please go check it out and if you like what you see, make sure you hit "like" on FB and help spread the words to your friends and families! As fellow GM, I would greatly appreciate your support and any comment you have (which you can leave on the FB page)
    Attached Files
    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Im not on facebaook, but ill keep an eye on it
    looks interesting

Comment

I Like it in Facebook

Comment

Im on Facebook daily. Will gladly do so

FFL
        AFC EAST Champions 2007,2009,2012,2015

Comment

big thanks to cesar (san diego) and rob (marv) for being my early supporters! being a brand-new comic strip that starts from zero, every fan support means a lot to me. please accept my sincere gratitude. I hope you have enjoyed what I have posted so far. thank you for your comment marv, you are forever commemorated as posting the very first comment on the page.

BTW, there will be a shamrock themed strip to be posted on monday morning, as my tribute (loosely) to st. patrick's day, so please try to get your irish pals to like the comics right now so they will see that one! (I think there's a share button on FB as well)
          "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

Everything that you post will be shared with all my contacts if I see it in my wall!!!

Long life to Cyril!

Comment

just checked FB's analytics. among the people reached by the comics, Spain was ranked third in terms of net numbers, ahead of USA (surprise). this is all due to Cesar's help. Your network is amazing Cesar, big thanks to you! I will give you full credits if I can build a reader network in that beautiful country.

And marv, I am sure I got a few more fans because of you as well.

Comment

I liked it on Facebook too.

Comment

Originally posted by cyril View Post
                  big thanks to cesar (san diego) and rob (marv) for being my early supporters! being a brand-new comic strip that starts from zero, every fan support means a lot to me. please accept my sincere gratitude. I hope you have enjoyed what I have posted so far. thank you for your comment marv, you are forever commemorated as posting the very first comment on the page.

BTW, there will be a shamrock themed strip to be posted on monday morning, as my tribute (loosely) to st. patrick's day, so please try to get your irish pals to like the comics right now so they will see that one! (I think there's a share button on FB as well)
                  Wow, was I really the first? Thats cool! I'll have to do some Marv persuasion and get these dead beat fellow Americans off their ass and start clicking that like button. Don't you worry! Those USA numbers are going to climb!!!!

FFL
                  AFC EAST Champions 2007,2009,2012,2015

Comment

a month after launch, the facebook page of Onion Baby Comics has amassed over 20,000 likes. So if you haven't done that yet, please head to the FB fan page and check it out. For the 20 teams who don't make the playoffs, what have you got to lose? You don't have any upcoming game anyway... (that includes me as well) I am posting new panels everyday and I will be announcing the first giveaway tomorrow. If you would like to receive an Onion Baby postcard, just give me a shout. My fellow GMs get into the VIP line automatically.

Comment

Working...
                    X