2036 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2036 Predictions

Here are my season predicitions for each team, I started with the NFC and the AFC will follow soon.

NFC NORTH

BEARS: The Bears can win the Division if they start Wilson at QB. He has a good running game around him as well as a TE and WR that can make things happen. The Defense looks good and that’s why I think they will win the Division with 10 or more wins.

LIONS: The Lions have a nice young QB who’s not quite ready and a stud receiver, the running game is ok and the defense should be solid but they won’t challenge this year. 6-8 wins if they are lucky.

PACKERS: They have a lot of average players on offense but nothing that stands out and says they can dominate. The front 7 looks very week and that will cost them in close games. They could push for an 8-8 season though.

VIKINGS: Jake Locker and 2 very good receivers means they can still be Dangerous this year. The Passing Game will get some help from an above average running game, but the defense stinks and that will cost them the division. 10 wins as they chase the Bears home.

NFC SOUTH
    FALCONS: This is a hard Division and I expect at least two teams to make the Playoffs from it. Atlanta only has one receiver and they have a very poor secondary, but the rest of the roster is strong enough to win at least 10 games.

PANTHERS: Rookie QB Geno Smith will throw interceptions and Dixon Edwards will be face double coverage all season. The defense is solid but does not have play makers. So 6 wins for the Panthers.

SAINTS: QB Junior Woodward is awesome but he has little else around him on offense. He will still win the Saints some games on his own, but there are too many holes on defense. They should win about 8 games in a very tough division.

BUCCANEERS: This is my pick as the NFC Representative in the 2036 Franchise Bowl. The offense has great players everywhere, including perhaps the best receiver in the league. The defense is above average and if they added a stud safety it would be very good. 13 wins and home field for the Buccs.

NFC EAST
    COWBOYS: The Cowboys have a great offense and this will win them a lot of games . Then you look at the defense and that will lose the Cowboys some games. Even so, Offense is more important than Defense in FOF and the Cowboys will win 10 or more games.

EAGLES: The Eagles have a rookie QB starting and after trading away their stud WR and TE it has left the offense with little but an average run game. The defense is now clearly the strength of this rebuilding roster but it will only be good enough to get the Eagles to 5 or 6 wins.

GIANTS: The Giants roster looks a lot like the Cowboys roster but they have two receivers instead of the Cowboys one. The defense has big holes but I think they have just enough to beat the Cowboys to the Division title, maybe on a tiebreaker. 10 wins or more for the Giants.

REDSKINS: Even though Rookie Matt Barkley looks like he will be
    a Great QB, he will struggle this year with no one to throw to. The rest of the roster is very solid but they will struggle in Division games. So 6 wins at most for the Redskins.

NFC WEST
    CARDINALS: The Cardinals should challenge for the Division, mainly due to how poor the other teams are. The biggest issue for them is after a billion trades their cohesion is going to be terrible, so I think about 8 wins for them.

RAMS: Just like the Cardinals, The Rams can win this Division because it’s just so bad. They have a solid QB but not many skill position players around him. The Defense is solid and St Louis could also win 8 games, which will be enough to win the Division.

49’ERS: The lack of Receivers is going to cost the rebuilding 49’ers any chance of the Division this year. They have some nice young players but they will need time to develop, so it’s way too early for them. 6 wins would be good.

SEAHAWKS: The Commish wanted a challenge, and he sure got one taking on this team. They have a nice developing QB, but not much else. I’d say 4 wins at best and a top 5 pick is on its way to Seattle.

AFC NORTH
    BENGALS: A developing QB who has few targets and an average running game at best is going to be a big problem for the Bengals on offense. They have three big play makers on defense but that’s not going to be enough to win games with. 4 or 5 wins at best.

BROWNS: The Browns have a lot of average players on offense and I do not see a big play maker so I think the Browns offense will struggle. Like the Bengals they have some play makers on defense but just not enough to win this division. 5 or 6 wins at best

STEELERS: There is only one team winning this Division and that’s the Steelers. They have a great QB and the rest of the offense is solid. The defense is very strong and I expect around 20 sacks from Roman Guthrie. Steelers cruise to the title with 12 wins.

RAVENS: This team is getting better each year. The offense is good and just missing a second good receiver. The defense look awesome and with the two stud safties they may be the best defense in the league. Even so they will win 9 or 10 games and not get close to the Steelers.

AFC SOUTH
    COLTS: The champions have a new GM who inherits an awesome offense. The passing game will be almost unstoppable but the running game is average. The Defense is getting old but it still good enough to go to a bowl. I don’t feel they will be as dominant but they will win the Division with 12 or more wins.

JAGUARS: The Jaguars have a three way QB controversy happening, it is just a pity whoever gets the starting position does not have a WR to throw to. At least the running game is good. The defense is solid if unspectacular but lacks key play makers. So in a tough Division I see 4 or 5 wins for the Jaguars.

TEXANS: The Texans are going to push the Colts all the way, the offense will be based on the passing game with the run game doing just enough. The difference between the Colts and the Texans is the Texans defense is not as good as the Colts and that’s why they win 10 or 11 games and just miss out on the Division title.

TITANS: The Titans are another very solid team but in this division you need more than that. They have no receivers and tight ends and that is why they will struggle. The defense is average but has little up front. So I think the best the Titans can do is 6 wins.

AFC EAST
    BILLS: I am actually going to say that someone other than the Patriots or Jets will win this Division for the first time in 21 years. But it’s not the Bills. They have a solid offense with a stud TE but it’s the defense that looks the strength of this team. I think the Bills can win 10 games and take a Wildcard place.

DOLPHINS: The offense has weapons everywhere and defense has just the same. The Dolphins roster is the strongest in the league and even though they have to play against two top gameplanners and Marv they should win the Division with a bit to spare. 13 wins for the Dolphins.

JETS: The Jets are still good but they are on the way down after years of success. The offense is still effective but it is missing those big time playmakers. The Defense is one of the better ones in the FFL but that will not be enough for them to reach the playoffs. 6-8 wins for the Jets.

PATRIOTS: I think the Patriots whole season depends on WR Greer, stop him and you stop the Patriots. The defense is as good as anything in the FFL and will help the Patriots to win games. But I feel the Patriots win 8 at most.

AFC WEST
    BRONCOS: The Broncos Offense reminds me of the Chiefs offense in this Division, it’s just average everywhere and they lack play makers and that will make the efficient at best. I like the defense a lot and that is why they will do better than the Chiefs but not quite as well as the Raiders. 10 wins for the Broncos

CHARGERS: The Chargers have probably the worst WR’s in the league and that’s why they will bottom of the West this year, expect a lot of running. The defense looks good but any injuries to the starters is going to hurt them a lot. 4 wins for the Chargers.

CHIEFS: The Chiefs look average all over the offense, they will do most things pretty well but nothing really well. The Defense is the stronger part of the roster and DE McIntyre is possibly the best defensive player in the FFL. But even with McIntyre they will only get to about .500 with 7 or 8 wins.

RAIDERS: I think the Raiders can win the Division because of star QB Kurt Roberts. He has decent receivers to throw to and the run game is not bad. The defense has some problems especially in the secondary and if they have an injury to SS Rico Fisk it could cost them the Division. 10 or 11 wins and the AFC West Title, just.
    Last edited by Jimmy The Greek; 08-09-2013, 05:31 PM.

Only 2 more wins than the Seahawks..................... Man have i got that bad at this game !!!!!!

Comment

If you think the Buccaneers are going to win 13 games, then you have smoking the strongest crack in existence.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Greek View Post

Here are my season predicitions for each team, I started with the NFC and the AFC will follow soon.

SEAHAWKS: The Commish wanted a challenge, and he sure got one taking on this team. They have a nice developing QB, but not much else. I’d say 4 wins at best and a top 5 pick is on its way to Seattle.
        Jimmy no like me

Comment

The Eagles predicition has been changed and the AFC Predictions have been added.

Comment

Ooh, rookie QBs Barkley and Manuel are in the same division? I didn't realize that. Juicy!

Thanks for updating our diagnosis Jimmy. What was it before? I hope we can push for a .500 result this year. We're definitely going to be leaning on the strength of our D this year. I like the makeup on that side of the ball.
            Last edited by aston2171; 08-09-2013, 05:57 PM.
            OSFL commissioner and ex-Eagles of the FFL GM

Comment

I would think we get to 9 wins but probably not more than that. The AFC East is going to be brutal this year. 3 of the top 5 rated rosters are in the AFC east and the Pats sit at #10

Comment

Oh I'm sure you'll do just fine

FFL
                AFC EAST Champions 2007,2009,2012,2015

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Good stuff as always.

Comment

Moved to Season Previews subforum...under Press Box

Comment

VIKINGS: Jake Locker and 2 very good receivers means they can still be Dangerous this year. The Passing Game will get some help from an above average running game, but the defense stinks and that will cost them the division. 10 wins as they chase the Bears home.

I would agree with this take. Our back seven on defense is really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Greek View Post

BUCCANEERS: This is my pick as the NFC Representative in the 2036 Franchise Bowl. The offense has great players everywhere, including perhaps the best receiver in the league. The defense is above average and if they added a stud safety it would be very good. 13 wins and home field for the Buccs.

Originally posted by Steel View Post
                        If you think the Buccaneers are going to win 13 games, then you have smoking the strongest crack in existence.
                        Originally posted by Bill Walsh View Post

NFC South
                        Saints @ Falcons
                        Buccs @ Panthers

Standings
                        Falcons 10-6
                        Saints 9-7

Outcomes
                        The Falcons have won the Division, Congrats Kevin.
                        The Saints have to win to have a chance of a wild card. See Wildcard section below
                        The Buccs are out of the Playoffs
                        Looks like your time has passed, Jimmy. You probably should retire.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah baby! Time to get some new blood in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Cris Collinsworth View Post
                            Yeah baby! Time to get some new blood in here!
                            Yes I agree, I will hand in my resignation to the Commisioner tonight.

Comment

I wonder who the new prognosticator of the FFL will be.

<-----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X