2035 AFC North Season Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2035 AFC North Season Preview

Pat Summerall: Hey John and welcome to the AFC North review show.
    John Madden: Thanks Pat. I'm excited to talk to some football.
    Pat: Last year the AFC North didn't have a team with a losing record and 3 teams finished with 10 or more wins. Do you see the division repeating that success again this year.
    John: When I think about the AFC North the 1st thing that comes to mind is Cam Newton and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have been to the playoffs 5 straight season and I still view them as the favorites to win the division.
    Pat: Baltimore won the division last year. You don't see them as the favorites?
    John: No Pat. I like Baltimore to be the division champs in the future but not yet. I think as a team they need to learn to win Pat. They need to learn to win the big games and I don't think they're ready.
    Pat: Cincinnati finished 8-8 with rookie QB Johnny Marsh leading the team. Do you see them improving on their 8-8 record?
    John: To be successful in the league you need to have playmakers. I love the rookie WR McInerney, he's a playmaker. He's got nice size and great speed and with Marsh continuing to develop I think this will be a very successful QB-WR connection.
    Pat: Do you think they'll improve on their 8-8 record?
    John: I think the team is improving Pat. I see a 8-8 or 9-7 record.
    Pat: Lets talk about the Cleveland Browns. Last year they finish with 10 wins yet they still didn't make the playoffs.
    John: Cleveland had a great season last year. Generally 10 wins will get you into the playoffs but last year you needed 11.
    Pat: What do you like about the Browns?
    John: I like RB Marty Anderson he's one of those players I'd love to have on my team. Always moving his feet and he has a feel for where the hole is going to open up.
    Pat: They also have a nice young QB in Vernon Coles. What are your thoughts on him?
    John: Vernon Coles needs to cut down on his mistakes, you can't win football games if you turn the ball over a lot. I think if they establish the running game and use playaction pass this team can be successful on offense.
    Pat: Talk about why you like Pittsburgh to win the division.
    John: I see Pittsburgh as the team that will have the most wins at the end of the season. CB Wheeler is a special player on defense. He basically forces QB to spend all game throwing to their number 2 or 3 options in the passing game. Offensively RB Hoover is the perfect compliment to Newton. Defenses can't sellout to stop either the running or passing game. Both players are too good and they'll beat you if try to take one player out of the game.
    Pat: Baltimore has some talent on their roster but you think lack of experience will hold them back?
    John: There's no question this team has talent. You look back at last year and they won the division but there's some questions about the offense. QB Terry Carter is a nice game manager but he's not going to throw the ball 40 times in a game and win it all by himself. At RB the have a rookie who's got some nice skills but he's still going to need some time to grow.
    Pat: How about you give us your predictions for each team John?
    John: Pittsburgh 11-5 Baltimore 10-6 Cleveland 9-7 Cincinnati 8-8
    Pat: Thanks John
    Last edited by Red Zone; 11-02-2013, 04:36 PM. Reason: edited title
Working...
X