Draft class first look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft class first look!

Good QB, 2 to 4 stud WRs, Stud TE, the MLB looks like a god and 2 great looking DE's and a CB, loads of OT's if you like them as well. Top 5 looks a great place to be, top 10 looks pretty good too?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I see 5 WRs worthy of going in the top 15. Not sure where you see 2 "great" looking DEs, as there is only 1 clear "great" guy there to me. Agree OT is loaded. And yet another FOF draft class where there really aren't any stud safeties, or a high 50s rated safety with the right bars to make an impact.

On another note, we have yet another stud QB hit free agency. This has now happened 3 seasons in a row.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steel View Post
      I see 5 WRs worthy of going in the top 15. Not sure where you see 2 "great" looking DEs, as there is only 1 clear "great" guy there to me. Agree OT is loaded. And yet another FOF draft class where there really aren't any stud safeties, or a high 50s rated safety with the right bars to make an impact.

On another note, we have yet another stud QB hit free agency. This has now happened 3 seasons in a row.
      Merritt and Cook, Merritt is listed as a DE but when you go into his player card he shows DT. As for the QB hitting FA that's awesome as i need one badly. I also lost 2 nice players to FA because of the last GM.

Comment

Originally posted by thefatcat View Post
        As for the QB hitting FA that's awesome as i need one badly. I also lost 2 nice players to FA because of the last GM.
        Is the Glass half empty? ... or half full?
        Having Star Players hit FA because former GMs didn't take care of their Teams is never a good thing.
        It may be good for you in the short term, but its bad for a League in the long run.
        In Most Leagues, Many GMs are already taking the approach that they don't want to Trade Draft Picks.
        Why would other teams Trade Draft Picks for your players when there are good players in Free Agency and there is a deep draft class?
        With slimmikey not returning to Denver, Your most active Trader right now is probably your division Rival ... KC Chiefs GM BgBob.
        Last edited by Red Zone; 09-01-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zone View Post
          Is the Glass half empty? ... or half full?
          Having Star Players hit FA because former GMs didn't take care of their Teams is never a good thing.
          It may be good for you in the short term, but its bad for a League in the long run.
          In Most Leagues, Many GMs are already taking the approach that they don't want to Trade Draft Picks.
          Why would other teams Trade Draft Picks for your players when there are good players in Free Agency and there is a deep draft class?
          With slimmikey not returning to Denver, Your most active Trader right now is probably your division Rival ... KC Chiefs GM BgBob.
          I never said it was a good thing, I lost 2 due to the last GM, maybe I gain one and it balances the books so to speak. I can't control other GMs so I have to try and do what's best for my team.

Comment

I never said it was a good thing, I lost 2 due to the last GM, maybe I gain one and it balances the books so to speak. I can't control other GMs so I have to try and do what's best for my team.
            As for the QB hitting FA that's awesome as i need one badly. I also lost 2 nice players to FA because of the last GM.
            Not Looking for a problem here
            But you did say...exactly that...Which is why I replied

Comment

Agreed that this is a pretty decent draft class. I am pretty content with my pick at 6 as I'm pretty sure I will get another good-to-elite player there.

We could use a stud QB as well but not sure we want to sink our cap entirely by chasing after such a player when a more reasonably priced QB will fill the role and allow us to keep our other players together. I wonder if we should consider a provision to minimize this sort of thing happening too often. While some teams may consider it a good thing I think it hurts both the team losing the star and the team that overpays to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by BazookaJohnny View Post
                Agreed that this is a pretty decent draft class. I am pretty content with my pick at 6 as I'm pretty sure I will get another good-to-elite player there.

We could use a stud QB as well but not sure we want to sink our cap entirely by chasing after such a player when a more reasonably priced QB will fill the role and allow us to keep our other players together. I wonder if we should consider a provision to minimize this sort of thing happening too often. While some teams may consider it a good thing I think it hurts both the team losing the star and the team that overpays to sign him.
                Jacksonville has a current GM. He chose not to tag the QB and he submitted a file for the stage. I checked when I submitted mine.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zone View Post
                  Not Looking for a problem here
                  But you did say...exactly that...Which is why I replied
                  Ok apoligies, i meant it was good for me, i agree with you that it's not good for the league when players go to FA due to poor ownership. Saying that it seems the Jags owner let him go to FA of his own accord.

Comment

Nope. I though I franchised him but I apparently I didn't. Oh well. That sucks

Comment

We have a tag thread for that very reason. I suppose I could try signing him to a franchise tag-type contact. Never done that before though. Sigh.

Comment

Anyone know what the tag contract should be?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
                          We have a tag thread for that very reason. I suppose I could try signing him to a franchise tag-type contact. Never done that before though. Sigh.
                          Can i get the two studs the last GM did not sign as well then please ............. just joking!

Comment

$37,580,000 it says so in the "Almanac section, blue book , Franchise Player salaries"

Comment

Different situation. You can only tag 1 guy.

Just noticed that Dugan was tagged. So I guess I have a template.

Comment

Working...
                              X