Trading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading?

Does anybody do it in this league, just wondering as I have 9 players with futures of 55 or higher on the block at decent prices and not 1 offer?

There is definitely trading in this league. Speaking for myself, I looked and maybe some players I would have interest in. However, i usually hold off until I can assess negotiations to have a better idea of what cap I am working with. That is just me though.

Comment

Yeah, not a lot of people trade before renegotiations or the draft class. Some, but not many.

Comment

I'm not a big trader but usually wait until after week one of the FA stage personally
        FFL - Denver Broncos (2049-2050), Cleveland Browns (2053-2060), Green Bay Packers (2061-)
        AFC West Champions - 2049 - 2050
        AFC North Champions - 2057 - 2059
        NFC North Champions - 2063 - 2064, 2066, 2069 - 2070
        AFC Conference Champions - 2054
        FFL Bowl Winners - 2054

Comment

cool, was just checking as i have some nice players available!

Comment

32 teams in the league and just 5 trade blocks, come on guys get those blocks up?

Comment

I think this is my 3rd season in the league. I came in and splashed on free agency, signing older players (not something I normally do) and living to regret it.
              Got lucky in last draft with a WR, was hoping for a bit more in the QB this draft but I might have to reach for one.
              I'm going to do what I do in most my leagues, build through draft and only start hitting the trade market when I get a core group of players and need those vets to help push the team.

Comment

Originally posted by thefatcat View Post
                32 teams in the league and just 5 trade blocks, come on guys get those blocks up?
                Honestly, these days trade blocks are usually filled with one of the following:
                1. Old or older guys that no one wants.
                2. Guys who are solid/serviceable, but the GM wants way too much in return for said player.
                3. Stud player going into the final year of his contract and wants a massive raise that very few teams can afford or better yet, are willing to pay.

This league isn't like the other one you play in, which you have some guys who convince everyone else their players are worth so much more, so you just have to have them, and will overpay to get them. Granted, the activity isn't anywhere near as high here, but I've only seen one really bad trade here over the last 4 or 5 seasons since I've been back. There are ALWAYS high rated players in free agency available and overwhelmingly the majority of GMs build their team that way and through the draft in FFL.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steel View Post
                  Honestly, these days trade blocks are usually filled with one of the following:
                  1. Old or older guys that no one wants.
                  2. Guys who are solid/serviceable, but the GM wants way too much in return for said player.
                  3. Stud player going into the final year of his contract and wants a massive raise that very few teams can afford or better yet, are willing to pay.

This league isn't like the other one you play in, which you have some guys who convince everyone else their players are worth so much more, so you just have to have them, and will overpay to get them. Granted, the activity isn't anywhere near as high here, but I've only seen one really bad trade here over the last 4 or 5 seasons since I've been back. There are ALWAYS high rated players in free agency available and overwhelmingly the majority of GMs build their team that way and through the draft in FFL.
                  The guys convincing others that their players are worth fortunes does not happen anymore, well a few try but most GMs in the RZB are more than wise to that now. QB and WR are king and fetch small fortunes but that has always been the way in FOF. Surely though if you are a piece or two short for a big run at the playoffs it's wise to try and get them as quick as possible as unless your a star GM who is always around the playoffs windows to win can be short?

Comment

Working...
                  X