Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I brought this up in week 7 to Hooper and never heard of a outcome. That is only reason I brought it up now. The other discussion about this that was addressed in the other league I was in banned. I really don't see the need for talking like **** to people but hay to each his own. Sorry I brought it up, Do what you all want !!
    Last edited by BgBob; 05-29-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Personally, I'm not a fan of having Houston recievers win every pro bowl honor through volume passing and messing up record numbers and other statistics. A large part of how I enjoy the game is looking through the numbers and seeing trends and making judgements based on them. I would also never run an all-pass offense. But there are a lot of things I would never consider doing, because I think they're unrealistic, but are widely done in FOF leagues. Nothing about the way Mikey builds a team even remotely ressembles a way a real NFL team would operate. My ideal league would have a lot of rules that there would be a sort of honor code to accept.

But the issue is, no one but me would enjoy playing in that league, because most people don't want to play the way I do. Houston isn't breaking the game - its been noted that this is the first season where the team really made a lot of noise - and, even though it makes me roll my eyes when I see his numbers, we don't need to get worked up over it. It's not giving him an unfair advantage, and he is trying to win games, so just build and play the team the way you build and play it, and beat him. And do what I do and mentally cross off Houston whenever you look at passing/recieving records.
      Last edited by FortressDoor; 05-29-2020, 02:59 PM.
      49ers GM: 2060-
      Record: 16-16
      NFC West Division Title, 2061
      Playoffs: 2061 (3rd seed)

Comment

I have been taking issue/mocking Houston's all-pass offense for many seasons, not just this year. Check the posts.

I didn't sign up for a league which allows teams to use exploits. Sure, some can attempt to take the high road and not want rules or state we shouldn't tell GMs how they can run their teams. But by those "lofty standards", we should allow use of the 43 defensive GP when running a 34 scheme or allow a WR to be slotted in the RB positions. They all are exploits - taking the high road is a slippery slope. So, let's not have any rules and have a free-for-all league. Is that what ya'll want????
        Franchise Bowl Champions 2030, 2038, 2041, 2043, 2045-2048, 2050, 2053, 2057-2059, 2061, 2063
        AC Champions 2031, 2032, 2040, 2044, 2049, 2051-2052, 2062
        AC East Champions 2030-2032, 2036, 2038, 2040-2044, 2046-2063
        Regular Season Record: 436-105-3
        Post Season Record: 68-18

Comment

I agree with with Red Zone's post completely along with the sentiments of Steel and Flex. I had just taken over Jacksonville and barely had a chance to do much with the team this year due to dealing with covid patients at my work. Houston is in my division and my team did not have the personnel to stop their offense. The game of football has evolved tremendously in real life over time and it has been the job of successful teams to adapt. Ironically, I think it's more realistic than we realize as now it is my job to to evolve to stop Houston. I've gotta face them twice a year now. If I'm not whining about it neither should anybody else.

It's certainly easier to complain about their offense than to do something to stop it but I welcome the challenge. As long as it's not exploiting actual game mechanics such as putting a converted WR in the RB position and deleting the stage file or the WillieB defense nonsense, I'm firmly against any beaurecratic house rules to stifle another GM because they are too hard to beat. It also sets a bad precident to add more unnecessary restrictions in the future.

Comment

I disagree that those are the same thing. Only paying the guys you want to and running the plays you want to is running the team. Using plays in a scheme that aren't available in that scheme or changing a player position and then deleting it are explicitly manipulating the game to do things it doesn't "normally" allow.

Comment

Originally posted by BgBob View Post
              So I brought this up in week 7 to Hooper and never heard of a outcome. That is only reason I brought it up now. The other discussion about this that was addressed in the other league I was in banned. I really don't see the need for talking like **** to people but hay to each his own. Sorry I brought it up, Do what you all want !!
              I apologize for the lack promptness in my response. I brought it to the RC to see what others thought. As you can see in this thread, response was limited and diverse. I like that you brought it up here. I would've too eventually. I seems like only 2 owners so far are really bothered by it enough to want a rule.

I apologize too for Steel. Some people on the Internet are rude and resort to name-calling. I don't disagree with his point though. We should punish owners for trying too hard to win, but not for trying to little? How realistic was sitting healthy studs mid-season for next year?

Comment

My two cents.

It's a gimmick type offense. Not illegal or exploit of the game itself. I am very uncomfortable submitting a defensive gameplan that consists of all Cover-3 Sky, Cover-3 Cloud, and Cover-4 but, it seems to be effective enough that it comes down to the quality of the players. The stats part is not an issue since his QB throws a hell of a lot of picks and leads the bad catagories as well. Especially if you play the above defense against him.
                GM Cleveland Browns 2071 -
                -Franchise Bowl Champions 2076

-AC Champions 2076
                -AC North Champions 2076

GM Los Angeles Chargers 2055-2064
                -Franchise Bowl Champions 2056
                -AC Champions 2055 2056 2060
                -AC West Champions 2055-2060, 2063, 2064

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
                  I apologize for the lack promptness in my response. I brought it to the RC to see what others thought. As you can see in this thread, response was limited and diverse. I like that you brought it up here. I would've too eventually. I seems like only 2 owners so far are really bothered by it enough to want a rule.

I apologize too for Steel. Some people on the Internet are rude and resort to name-calling. I don't disagree with his point though. We should punish owners for trying too hard to win, but not for trying to little? How realistic was sitting healthy studs mid-season for next year?
                  No need to apologize for me, Hooper. What names did I call him, other than a hypocrite? Is that not what he is? And he's not the only one in this thread who's hypocrisy shows.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steel View Post
                    No need to apologize for me, Hooper. What names did I call him, other than a hypocrite? Is that not what he is? And he's not the only one in this thread who's hypocrisy shows.
                    Who the HELL are you to try and tell someone how they should play the game?

I never said how to play the game I was saying The game was designed a certain way so to me looking for an unfair advantage outside the game design was a question to discuss. As far as tanking there are other leagues RZB for example that do not see playing younger players when the owner felt out of the race as a problem. I did not change my game plan to say all run or passes, did not change offence or defensive game plan for that game, you were looking as tanking I was looking to see what I had. All in All this was supposed to be a discussion on a possible rule change, that was It, You made it personal.

Comment

Originally posted by BgBob View Post
                      Who the HELL are you to try and tell someone how they should play the game?

I never said how to play the game I was saying The game was designed a certain way so to me looking for an unfair advantage outside the game design was a question to discuss. As far as tanking there are other leagues RZB for example that do not see playing younger players when the owner felt out of the race as a problem. I did not change my game plan to say all run or passes, did not change offence or defensive game plan for that game, you were looking as tanking I was looking to see what I had. All in All this was supposed to be a discussion on a possible rule change, that was It, You made it personal.
                      People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You're the one who started this post about "playing the game the right way". You don't even play the game the right way, Mr. Tanker. I hate hypocrites. You are that. I guess that's too personal for you? Too ****ing bad.
                      sigpic

Comment

At least I don't act like a Dick. While your at it who else you calling out in this thread, Don't beat around the bush. Get it out there.

Comment

Everyone else knows who I'm referring to. You must be the only one who can't figure it out. You really are clueless aren't you? You make a thread complaining about how someone else plays. Meanwhile you sit 60 and 70 rated players while in playoff contention. Then came in here and told a bold faced lie about how it happened. You just don't see how dumb and HYPOCRITICAL that makes you look. It's quite comical, actually. I've said all I'm going to say. My point is made. And FYI, I don't give a damn that you think I act like a Dick. With this thread, you have proven you have no integrity, so your opinion means nothing to me.
                          Last edited by Steel; 05-29-2020, 07:00 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I run a 3-4 zero percent blitz defense, maybe THAT's the OP strategy.

Comment

Everyone else knows who I'm referring to. You must be the only one who can't figure it out. You really are clueless aren't you? You make a thread complaining about how someone else plays. Meanwhile you sit 60 and 70 rated players while in playoff contention. Then came in here and told a bold faced lie about how it happened. You just don't see how dumb and HYPOCRITICAL that makes you look. It's quite comical, actually. I've said all I'm going to say. My point is made. And FYI, I don't give a damn that you think I act like a Dick. With this thread, you have proven you have no integrity, so your opinion means nothing to me.
                              Well thanks for your input. Good luck this coming season !!

Comment

Sigh. I guess we can't have civil discussions here. I wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this subject. I didn't want a name-calling hissy fit. Thanks guys.

Locking thread. If someone has a productive addition to the discussion, they can PM me or start a new post.

Comment

Working...
                                X