Closing Game/Opening Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing Game/Opening Game

I am doing something wrong when closing front office football and then opening front office football with multiplayer.

I click "open mp game" and as participant I open the multiplayer game. No problem.

After seeing the sim has been run I go to "controls" and import game files. No problem

I see the updated game file and everything is fine. I start working on which ever stages next and that is fine.

Here is the problem. If I then close front office football before exporting files because I'm still working on something and then open front office football the next day, everything I have done prior to closing front office football is lost? When exiting I hit "save and close".

I think I am missing something because when I open front office football the only selections I have is "open multiplayer game" but if I do that it just gives me the latest import stage file without any changes/notes/offers I have done since closing out front office football.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
    sigpic
    No Name Defense Undefeated

You have to export. And any export there after will overwrite the previous export.
    FFL - Denver Broncos (2049-2050), Cleveland Browns (2053-2060), Green Bay Packers (2061-)
    AFC West Champions - 2049 - 2050
    AFC North Champions - 2057 - 2059
    NFC North Champions - 2063 - 2064, 2066, 2069 - 2070
    AFC Conference Champions - 2054
    FFL Bowl Winners - 2054

Comment

Thanks Rush - however I think I am missing some step of the process.

I did export my files. I then closed front office football. When I reopened front office football, these moves I had made did not show up?

I did not want to make any more moves, but was curious why I could not see what I had already done.

Here is an example: I renegotiated the contract for my franchise player. If I clicked on my franchise player again it read "offer has already been submitted". Okay, this I understand and was glad to see it. The same thing occurred with restricted free agents – if I clicked on contract it read "offer has already been submitted". This file was exported. I closed front office football. I checked On the export status and it showed the file had been exported. Great.

Then as an experiment, I Closed front office football and then opened front office football A couple of hours later and if I clicked on my franchise player it would allow me to offer him a new contract. Same with restricted free agents. This appeared to me as if I was opening the files from the beginning again?

It is not a problem for this round as I don't want to do anymore changes. However, in later rounds of free agency or during season game planning I want to make sure anything done is not "lost".

So my question: is there a way to save progress in the middle of a cycle and then close and later reopen front office football and the changes are saved? Or are you saying that I need to export every time prior to closing front office football? If yes, how do I reopen my last export file so I can resume where I last left it?

Thanks
      Last edited by Vin13; 06-20-2019, 07:06 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think you can save progress in the middle of what you're doing, close down the game, and then reopen it where you left off. Once you export your file, everything you did get sent in. When you close and reopen the game it will revert to prior to your export. But that doesn't mean nothing was done. Your export is still good the game just doesn't save the changes you made when you reopen it until the commissioner uploads all the files and you import the new file.

Does this make sense?
        GM 2058-2065
        Record: 81-45
        Playoffs: 1-6
        Division Titles: 2058 (#1 seed), 59, 60, 62 (#2)

Comment

Yeah. Export sends the file to the server. It doesn't update the one on your PC. That gets updated when you import the next sim. FOF doesn't work the way you're thinking. I have no idea why. It never has though.

Comment

Okay – thanks Saw and Hooper. I understand now.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X