Does this league not trade anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zbuckley View Post
    No question he's a solid player but he's pretty undersized for the 3-4 WLB position. If you go to the recommend player option and sort by OLB based on PRT from current rosters you'll see he's dinged somewhat based on the players ahead of him.
    10lbs under is not much, one weight training could change that

Comment

Originally posted by thefatcat View Post
      Except that often players cannot be weight trained, or already have been weight trained. I believe weight training can occur only once per player.

Also, as has been mentioned previously in this thread, cap issues come into the equation. The Jets really could use a ILB - Grier is a good weight in that case. Although it may seem we have a lot of cap, I need to extend 7 vets with 50 or greater ratings. There is no way I could take on that salary.
      Franchise Bowl Champions 2030, 2038, 2041, 2043, 2045-2048, 2050, 2053, 2057-2059, 2061, 2063
      AC Champions 2031, 2032, 2040, 2044, 2049, 2051-2052, 2062
      AC East Champions 2030-2032, 2036, 2038, 2040-2044, 2046-2063
      Regular Season Record: 436-105-3
      Post Season Record: 68-18

Comment

its also likely that since he is under weight he won’t be able to add weight
        another part of the game that doesn’t usually work properly
        GMs I have spoken with value the correct weight much more on defense
        over weight players can usually gain more but can’t lose weight
        under weight players can usually lose more but can’t gain weight

Comment

I think this is actually the first year I have a 1st round pick in the last 3 years due to trades. We got a franchise QB and a couple very good veteran WRs in those trades and I realize that I am certainly no sure shot at getting a stud with a 1st round pick. I am facing the aging of some of those key players now so may consider making some more trades this off-season if I can fit it under my cap and hopefully move us more into contention now before we see the downside of those players.

It certainly is a balancing act as I don't necessarily want a complete tear-down when the time comes so an injection of quality young players would give us a chance to stay competitive in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BazookaJohnny View Post
            I don't necessarily want a complete tear-down
            This is my single favorite thing to do in FOF

Comment

Originally posted by Slimmikey View Post
              While it can be fun...it gives me the feeling we failed as a GM by not re-building as we went. I'm facing like 3 re-builds in different leagues right now so that shows you just how good I am.

Comment

I'm still amazed a 55 rated WR goes for 3.27.

Comment

why?
                  3.27 is so late in round 3...it may as well be a 4th round pick. Show me a 55 ov WR with the same bars as that WR that was drafted at 3.27 or lower? Draft picks are WAY over valued by many GMs and usually do not produce the talent that people expect them to...especially picks past the middle of round 3. Most drafts dry up around that point.

There is no way this WR was worth a 1st, and asking for a 2nd would have been asking a lot, although a late 2nd might not have been so bad.
                  3.27 was probably a good deal for Dallas, but I'm not sure it was a terrible deal for Bakery Dog either, Depending on what kind of a salary the WR was asking for to sign an extension. In a rebuild you want to add a lot of picks in the top 3 rounds, and he did that here.
                  Last edited by Red Zone; 04-05-2019, 03:34 PM.

Comment

My thought process for making the deal was this team is going to need at least 3 seasons to be anywhere close to competition. This particular WR is 26 and will be on the downswing of his career by that time. This team badly needs picks to restock an almost nonexistent roster with only 22 players signed at this point. 3.27 might not be a prime draft position, but it will be a player signed for 4 seasons who has a fairly reasonable chance to end up being a contributor in some way. He was also asking for a fairly expensive extension and we could better use that money on a 24 year old 84/84 WR in Erickson who is going to need a new contract in the near future. I've posted the contract he wanted below.

Last edited by Bakerydog; 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimmikey View Post
                      oh you would love my team... lol
                      FFL Champions 2069 -- Go Bills

Comment

I had no problems with trading the in the first 6 hours I got here, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hbcook86 View Post
                          I had no problems with trading the in the first 6 hours I got here, lol.

A 3:00 AM deal with Mike. I am in a state of shock.
                          Franchise Bowl Champions 2030, 2038, 2041, 2043, 2045-2048, 2050, 2053, 2057-2059, 2061, 2063
                          AC Champions 2031, 2032, 2040, 2044, 2049, 2051-2052, 2062
                          AC East Champions 2030-2032, 2036, 2038, 2040-2044, 2046-2063
                          Regular Season Record: 436-105-3
                          Post Season Record: 68-18

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan19 View Post
                            A 3:00 AM deal with Mike. I am in a state of shock.
                            He texted me around 11:30 said he owned KC and wanted to make a run at my QB. Said he would hit me up in a few hours. Around 2:00/2:30 we starting chatting about a deal. That deal was made. Then we talked about another deal. That deal was made. We just put both deals together. So this is really 2 separate deals.

Comment

I'll have to learn to rebuild... my team is in shambles, and this awaits next year:

Salary Cap $353,700,000
                              Cap Room $4,130,000
                              Maximum for New Player $5,380,000
                              Lost Cap Room (Old Picks) $25,380,000
                              Lost Cap Room Next Year $16,540,000
                              Cap Room Required Next Year $421,550,000
                              GM Oakland: 2059-
                              record: 13-19

Comment

Working...
                              X