Giants 2047 Class...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants 2047 Class...

Giants finished 2046 with a record of 9-7. This was good enough to win the NFC east and a trip to the playoffs. Injuries to QB Jayden Flora exposed the lack of real depth at QB.. What will the Giants do in the draft to push them further.

[1-30]Cody Kamnik - MLB
    School: California
    Height: 6' 6" (Above Average)
    Weight: 340 lbs (Way Above Average)

Home Town Analysis
    Giants OL was not as effective as expected. This could have been why QB Flora was injured. Rueben Humphrey wsa everything the Giants could have asked for but the holes were just not there. This resulted in the G-men Averaging 105 yards per game. Kamnik is a monster at 6-6 and 340lbs. Rates above average in all categories with pass blocking as his strength

Role:
    Starting LT - (Overrated- Average Vol)

Grade - Good

[2-25] Joe WIlliamnson - FB
    School: Georgia Tech
    Height: 5' 9" (Above Average)
    Weight: 230 lbs (Above Average)

Home Town Analysis
    Giants again focus on the running game, picking Williamson from Georgia Tech. On film, this powerfully built FB has show the ability to block well in all areas of the game. Top FB in the draft. Also capable of picking up a first down when need. His HR isn't that great, but he does catch the ball out of the back field and pickup the blitz. Perfect complement to RB Humphrey. With Gary Knickerbocker a FA, the opportunity will be there for Williamson to open the season at starting FB.

Role:
    Starting FB- (High Vol)

Grade - Good

[3-27] J.B. Murray - S
    School: Michigan
    Height: 6'0'' (Average)
    Weight: 205 lbs (
    Average)

Home Town Analysis
    Perfect size for a safety. With both Bunker and Grande up for FA, this looks like a "safety" pick (lol)... Ideally a FS who can cover the slot guys as he looks above average in M2M, Zone, and BnR. Always around the ball for picks. Fairly well developed @ 43%.

Role:
    Starting FS (Very High Vol)

Grade - Average

[ 3-30] CJ Connell - TE
    School: Richmond
    Height:
    6' 5" (Above Average)
    Weight:192 lbs (
    Average)

Home Town Analysis
    Big TE, showed reliable hands. Not the Run Blocker the Giants may expect but does a good job pass blocking and so possible to fill the 3rd down TE role. Giants didn't get much productivity at TE so anything would be an upgrade. His 51% development means he could start.

Role:
    Starting TE.. (low Vol) Potential Affinity.

Grade - Average

Last edited by Nygiants; 03-20-2016, 07:33 PM.

Awesome! Cool to read about what others are looking at in the draft. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
    Kansas City Chiefs GM and FFL Troll since 2046

Comment

Hmm.. Game gave me an A for my draft. Wasn't expected since I turned down drafting Baker for Kamnik via trade which as per my scout Baker is the better player. I assume this is due to my late draft position. Hope this is a good sign.

Comment

Updated with post TC reflections. 2 starters, but not the high end would have hoped for.

First round Kamnik struggled during pre-season. A little seasoning is required as a backup.

Comment

Working...
        X