Maynard Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maynard Introduction

Feel free to move this thread if I stuck it in the wrong place! Just wanted to give a brief rundown on my experience thus far with FOF.

I bought the game back in May after it went on sale on steam. I joined the GML first and made all sorts of mistakes. For fun, I periodically post write-ups that have morphed into it's own little storyline where Green Bay players are questioning if they are in a simulated reality and quarterback Harold Buchanon has made contact with people from outside the simulation, LOL. I've been especially enjoying this aspect since I've never had a winning record in that league and I have to keep myself satisfied somehow! http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2263

The second league I joined, which I've recently left (the only league I've left) was the V2. Not to say anything negative, but commissioners got involved in what Red Zone has warned us about as "drama posts" and I feel the fallout from the incident is going to have a negative impact on the longevity of that league.

The third league I joined was the RDFL. It's a great league commissioned by dthompso8. I'm in a tough division with a familiar name, Baloo (he just won the bowl season before last) and to show my appreciation for a great league, I paid for a website and created a nice looking page using wordpress. It needs some touching up, but my favorite part is the video and music on the registration page. http://rdfl-fof.com/

After this, I joined the NAFL and I think I'm slowly building a nice team there. I have not contributed much to the forum, though, and I regret it.

I considered joining the CyFL, where the bowl winner actually gets some cash. I was on the waitlist and decided to contribute while waiting for a team. GMs are fired if they end up with 8 more losses than projected over a given number of seasons. Since this is such a unique feature, I did a series of writeups where I posed as the grim reaper. I found this enjoyable until I was challenged by someone else that does writeups to write more. Call me a baby, but I immediately bailed; I'm not interested in performing for folks. Check it out though, I really liked the format I was using. Scroll down a few posts and you can't miss it. I was flattered when I visited a few weeks later, and saw that the individual who saw fit to demand more, took over the writeups as the grim reaper himself. You can find his threads called "the reaper report" in various places under General Discussion. Here's my writeups though. http://cyberfootballleague.com/forum...Hot-Seat/page3

After having left the V2, I joined it's sibling league called the Red Zone Blitz and I feel it's off to a great start. I also recently joined the TFL and now this league. I don't intend to join anymore, but I guess you never know.

I held off joining more than 3 leagues for quite awhile, because I felt the game planning would be impossible. However, with rumors that FOF8 is coming down the pipeline late next year, I have a hunch there is going to be a simpler "gameplan" function, therefore a larger quantity of leagues will be easier to manage.

Well, I said brief, but that was a lie. I hope to contribute to this league at some point as I have in others. I recognize many names in this league and I'm happy to see you guys again. I'm equally happy to meet some new folks as well! Thanks for having me. Happy New Year.

Maynard
    Kansas City Chiefs GM and FFL Troll since 2046

hey we got openings here just so you know
    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

He's in with KC.. Glad to have you aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nygiants View Post
        He's in with KC.. Glad to have you aboard.
        That's right, Cyril! I'm ending your reign of domination in this division!! I just need to tank the crap out of this team first...

Imma gonna be a juggernaut!!
        Last edited by Maynard; 01-01-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard View Post
          That's right, Cyril! I'm ending your reign of domination in this division!! I just need to tank the crap out of this team first...

Imma gonna be a juggernaut!!
          welcome to afc west. glad to have you take over a team that had a long-lasting ownership before your time. this division has been relatively stable. melkiper (the previous KC GM) and I have been around for over 30 seasons. Baloo has been with us for a few seasons already in oakland. KC has been up and down over the past few seasons (and btw no, my dominance in the division has ended many seasons ago...)
          "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

Originally posted by cyril View Post
            welcome to afc west. glad to have you take over a team that had a long-lasting ownership before your time. this division has been relatively stable. melkiper (the previous KC GM) and I have been around for over 30 seasons. Baloo has been with us for a few seasons already in oakland. KC has been up and down over the past few seasons (and btw no, my dominance in the division has ended many seasons ago...)
            \

Well, thank you for the welcome. Did you know that only New England has more playoff appearances than Denver. You're obviously a great GM. Baloo is as well. I'm in the RDFL with him and he won the bowl the season before last. My work is cut out for me, but I like that kind of party! Thanks again. Happy New Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard View Post
              \

Well, thank you for the welcome. Did you know that only New England has more playoff appearances than Denver. You're obviously a great GM. Baloo is as well. I'm in the RDFL with him and he won the bowl the season before last. My work is cut out for me, but I like that kind of party! Thanks again. Happy New Year.
              i hope you will enjoy the division, and surely hope you will stick around and give yourself time to get used to this league. There have been too many turnovers IMO recently. one big difference between this league and many others is the time slot-based draft we have here. some people swear by it (like myself) yet other GMs may prefer a different format. See for yourself in 3 months time and see if you like it.

Comment

Maynard? Crap. Well there goes this league.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenE View Post
                  Maynard? Crap. Well there goes this league.
                  Ha! As in you think I'll win?!? Man... That would be nice....

Comment

Working...
                  X