Detroit Lions' 2068 Draft Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions' 2068 Draft Review

The Lions went into this draft with 6 picks starting at 1.24 and including two 2nd rounders. They were looking to retool and build for the future versus a total rebuild.

At 1.24 Detroit went with WR Dylan Bradley out of Georgetown. He's a perfect combination of size and speed that they hope can be a dominant receiver in the FFL.

54.jpg

At 2.16 the team went with RB Lionel Urbina out of Florida. What he lacks in power, he makes up for in every other aspect of the game.

gettyimages-1185100666-612x612-1.jpg

At 2.24 Detroit selected QB Ethan Goldwater out of Louisiana State. While underdeveloped, the scouts loved his potential.

usa_today_11689205.0.jpg

At 3.24 came LB Geoff Connell out of Kansas. Not much of a pass rusher, but he can stop the run and lay punishing hits. He's not a liability in coverage either.

usa_today_9531450.0.jpg

With no 4th round pick, the Lions selected C Caiden McMurrin out of Texas Tech at 5.24. Another under developed guy, but the scouts like what they see.

https%3A%2F%2Fwreckemred.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F622864416.jpg

After not having a 6th round pick either, the team found special teamer Jason Abercrombie out of West Virginia at 7.24. For the Mountaineers, he was able to return kicks, cover kicks, and do a little 3rd down receiving. If he can adjust to the pro game, he can be a real steal.

hi-res-155371373_crop_north.jpg?1353723544&w=3072&h=2048.jpg

Comment

Hopefully the Lions are in store for an electric offense with Bradley and Urbina!

Comment

Awesome write up...

Comment

I think I've had more 1st round WR busts in this league than all others combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
            I think I've had more 1st round WR busts in this league than all others combined.
            Yeah, Bradley did take a hit badly....

Comment

Working...
            X