2040 Wk 1: DET-GBY, CIN-PIT, SFO-SEA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2040 Wk 1: DET-GBY, CIN-PIT, SFO-SEA

Here is "Inside the FFL" with me, Cyril, standing in for regular host Shark, to do the first three weeks of the 2040 FFL season! Let's kick off with our defending champs Detroit Lions.

Detroit 13 - Green Bay 19

Defending champs Detroit Lions did not get off with a good start, losing to Green Bay in their home opener. Overall, Detroit did not perform too bad but LeVeon Bell, MVP of the Bowl game, only registered 49 yards on the ground. Many MMQBs questioned the coach for adopting a RB-FB running strategy, with 1st rounder FB Purcell taking a large share of handoffs but giving very little in return. Credits must be given to the Packers, however, for not yielding big runs to the Lions no matter whom they put on the field. Detroit will face last year's AFC Champ Jacksonville next week for a reenactment of Franchise Bowl. Will LeVeon Bell show the same brilliance he had in last year's game?

Cincinnati 17 - Pittsburgh 24

Over on the AFC side, Pittsburgh scored 18 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to overcome a 11-point deficit to beat the Bengals. While dominant in the offensive stats, the Bengals had only themselves to blame by turning over 4 times, 3 of them late in the critical 4th Quarter. Linebacker Wes Richmond saved the day for Pittsburgh by recovering the critical 4Q fumble and returning an interception shortly after for the winning touchdown. Those fans who left before the 2-minute warning to beat the traffic rush were probably kicking themselves now.

San Francisco 6 - Seattle 24

Wow wow wow...(x10) That's how impressive Seattle's pass rush was in this game. 11 hurries, 7 knockdowns, and 10 sacks (maybe somebody can verify whether this is a team single-game record), with over half of them registered by OLB Bobby Wagner (who is tied for 2nd place in single-game sack records). That's one hell of a performance from Wagner and his terrifying D-Line. Poor Matt Barkley of SFO could hardly stand straight after being sacked 9 times and had to be pulled off the game. There was major front office change in SFO recently and this was not the kind of welcome they were expecting. Well, the silver lining is that things will certainly get better. 7-year QB Dusty Youngers, who had a fantastic camp, will likely get his first career start next week against Miami.
    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

good read

Comment

Great article... Great start in GB.. 1-0 record. Can I quit now?!!

Comment

I`ll say it in song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ybcVs8N-g

Thanks.
        sigpicGM of the "Cursed" Houston Texans.

Comment

Originally posted by UK Rookie View Post
          I`ll say it in song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ybcVs8N-g

Thanks.
          Man! I didn't know there was a song written just for me! Big thanks dude!!! I laughed listening to that one! now i gotta post that link on my FB. Thanks for sharing.
          "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

No probs Cyril.

Look him up, he was quiet a good player back in the 70`s.
            sigpicGM of the "Cursed" Houston Texans.

Comment

Good read Cyril. Wasn't happy with our offense, so it was nice seeing our D clamp down and force stuff when it counted
              AFC NORTH CHAMPS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2016
              AFC CHAMPS: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016
              FRANCHISE BOWL CHAMPS in 2011 and 2016

Comment

Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Good shot man!

Comment

Working...
                  X