Contract Extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Extensions

I am not 100% sure about this, since I have only really documented it on one player, but...
    I believe that there is an awareness from Players when they have the upper hand in negotiations.
    It is also Possible, that this example has also been affected by a drop from 30 ov to 26 ov in preseason week 2
    Either way I thought I would share this and see what others thought

As free agency went on, i added some xtra depth in case i decided not to resign some of the players in the last year or two of their contract on my team. Guards, Tackles, Wide Receivers, Cornerbacks, a Kicker and a Punter.
    When I looked after Training Camp, some of them appeared to have lowered their demands considerably, but i wasnt sure exactly how much...so I decided to put this to the test.
    Bobby Rogers was the Only FB on my Roster prior to the preseason
    This is what he was asking for...then

FB-Rogers-beforepreWk1.jpg
    I Made an Offer to an Undrafted FA FB in the Preseason week 1 sim
    He signed, and I started him in preseason week 2, making Boby Rogers Inactive
    This is what Bobby Rogers wants in a new contract ... now

FB-Rogers-after-preWK2.jpg
    Feel Free to add your thoughts or comments
    Tell me I am crazy...but this seems like a strategy that could work...
    at least with marginal role players who ask for ridiculous salaries in extensions.
    if they suddenly realize that you have other options, their demands seem to come down a bit.

your example reinforces my suspicion that players do come down in salary demands, as with my DT Roberson that I talked about somewhere else on the forum. though in my case his a stud.
    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

I think playing time may factor in as well. I have had some mediocre players that I was forced to start in SP and they wanted very good money to re-sign or to extend. I thought that I noticed contract demands drop at times too so this just confirms it.

Comment

Working...
      X