Titans 2038

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans 2038

We headed into this off-season knowing we would be limited in draft stock, still paying for the Roosevelt Bailey trade of last off-season. Our goal was to be active in Free Agency and to add 1 or 2 impact players regardless of age to our roster.

Our top priority was to find an impact player to bolster our secondary but it turned out that that sort of player wasn't available in free agency. Instead we focused on the top free agent in DE Keith Burt from Green Bay. We were fortunate enough to also land NT Brandon Thompson, who was considered the 6th best talent in free agency. So while our secondary is still below the league standard, our front 7 is now well above average. Burt is on a 3 year deal and Thompson on a 4 year deal and I don't expect Burt will be re-signed even if he finishes his contract at his age. Hopefully they will help free up Begley to make even more of an impact and will conceal our rather suspect secondary.

The other big move of the off-season was the trade for TE Coby Fleener from Atlanta. Some experts felt we overpaid to get him but we felt we needed an impact player in the passing attack to help lighten the load on Bailey. We hope Fleener will be that guy. He cost us a 3rd round pick this year and a 2nd next year.

2038 Draft
    3.13 - CB Eugene Catron, Central Missouri St. - 12/42 (+2/-14) 14/28
    Catron exhibits a lack of endurance and cannot jam receivers at the line too well but otherwise looks to be a solid corner. As I mentioned earlier, secondary players are a huge need for us and so we took a shot at a small school prospect in the hope he pans out.
    Hopefully this isn't a sign of his eventual outlook or this was a bomb of a pick.

4.4 - QB Julio Burgess, Washington St. - 18/42 (+1/-11) 19/31
    We felt so strongly about Burgess we traded our 6th round pick to move up from the 12th to the 4th pick to nab him. Burgess has a strong arm and good wheels and my staff felt he was very underrated. It is a shot in the dark but I will not be surprised if Wes Battle takes a nose dive this off-season and maybe...just maybe...Burgess may surprise.
    Another shockingly bad outcome. My scouts thought he was VU so hard to imagine he would plummet this much. He isn't going anywhere and we will see how he measures up.

4.19 - Stanley Berdys, UCLA - 17/33 (+4/-4) 21/29
    Took a shot at him and he will be a bit of competition at the position during TC and pre-season.
    Low expectations for him and it seems that they were met.

5.11 - K Francisco Cortez, Marist - 34/45 (-5/-12) 29/33
    Our punter and kicker were demanding big money this off-season to re-sign so I figured I'd just address it in the draft and save a few bucks.
    Well he IS cheaper, but that seems to be all that is going for him.

7.13 - P Spencer Sewell, Tennessee - 40/51 (+2/+4) 42/55
    Local collegiate who is already fairly developed.
    My one player that shows some promise...very sad
    Last edited by BazookaJohnny; 02-21-2014, 10:17 PM.

Updated with post-PSwk2 ratings changes. Not a very good class I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
    X