First FOF7 thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First FOF7 thoughts

I've been playing for a few hours and the first thing that jumps out at me is that the young guys ratings shoot all over the place, so Denarius Moore (mighty Raider WR ) started at 37/37 for preseason 1, after that he went to 37/57 and then for pre-season 3 down to 37/45. I suppose its due to your coaches get a view on them in first games as pro's.

Just downloaded, have not dug in the game yet but first impression was that I wish Jim would have revamped the user interface - still so windows 95. I know I know it's all the guts that matter but being a graphics guy I was expecting at least a new front page graphics - I would have done one for free should Jim have asked. Still in, though.
    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

Our new GB GM and a couple other guys are doing wonders with the UI over at FOFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper View Post
        Our new GB GM and a couple other guys are doing wonders with the UI over at FOFC.
        How would we be able to input their UI into our game?

Thanks
        FFL: St. Louis Rams

Comment

Originally posted by Claystone View Post
          How would we be able to input their UI into our game?

Thanks
          There are some bitmaps and instructions in this thread. http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=87964

I just noticed today that there is something easier on the horizon though. http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=88071

Comment

I went in today and used ResHacker to input/overwrite a lot of the newer, nicer bmp files
            Its really not that difficult to do since the files are named the same as the bmp file they are replacing

These were made by our new Green Bay GM Julio Riddols
            Others have also done similar things but I liked Julios the best so i used those
            It was easy to download the file and then insert them one by one using ResHacker

My favorite of them all is the experience tags...notice on the player card of Russell Wilson that im posting below...
            You get a color AND a numerical rating on experience...I like that...ive always used yabancis exp tags...ever since 2k4

Seems to me...i could copy the exe file and offer to email it to anyone who had trouble using reshacker or the new utility that gstelmack is writing
            all anyone would have to do is open the zip file it would come in and then copy and paste it into their solecismic folder...and over write the one thats there now

all of this may be a moot point soon though
            Jim is running a contest to alllow these graphics gurus to compete, the winner gets his UI in the next patch so we will all get it then

im posting a screen shot of what MY game looks like now...after the changes i made
            much thanks to Julio for the work he has done here

FOF7-MainPage.jpg

Comment

FOF7-PlayerCard.jpg

Comment

FOF7-RosterPage.jpg

Comment

Hi Boss!

Can you copy here the links and how we can do to have the game like Julioriddols and you?? I donīt have any idea in how to change the screens of the FOF7!

Thanks a lot!

Comment

I will be doing a set of my own and will be submitting for Jim's consideration. If they are not selected, I will share them with the league and see if anyone is interested. Will need help incorporating into the game. Further, if the cover screen I am working on is not selected, I am just gonna change the title and that becomes our new front page!
                    "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

Originally posted by cyril View Post
                      I will be doing a set of my own and will be submitting for Jim's consideration. If they are not selected, I will share them with the league and see if anyone is interested. Will need help incorporating into the game. Further, if the cover screen I am working on is not selected, I am just gonna change the title and that becomes our new front page!
                      Awesome

Comment

Working...
                      X