NFC South Review
    NFC South 2036 Won
    Lost
    Atlanta Falcons 11 5
    Los Angles Saints 9 7
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8 8
    Carolina Panthers 5 11

Atlanta Falcons 2037
    The Falcons won this Division with ease last year, this year I feel will be a different story all together. The Offense seems to lack a scheme, for instance they have a running back but no offensive line and they have a decent Quarterback but only one receiver who should be on a roster. 10th year vet Nolan Greer (60/60)will once again be the Quarterback. Greer really needs to step up if he wants to stay as the starter though as he’s recorded just one 90+ QB Rating year in his last 7 years as the starter. He does have two good targets though, Tight End Coby Fener (71/71) and Receiver Carlton Incontro (55/55). The trouble for the Falcons is that if defences double Incontro there pass game is going to have major issues. Albert Finley (60/60) is one of the leagues top running backs, he’s coming off a season ending injury and will take a game or two to get back to his high levels of performance. That leads me to the Offensive Line that Finley will be running behind, it’s nothing short of poor especially at both Tackle positions and has very limited depth. Not only will this cause Finley issues it’s going to make Greer’s life in the pocket very difficult as well. I don’t like this offense and I feel it’s going to be about average at best and struggle when it is forced to pass.

The Defense has some big time players and should really move to a 34 if it had a GM. This is due to the release of stud DT Toby Sheldon (71/71) I move I just do not understand. Even so the Falcons have the best Defensive Tackle in the league in Erik Farley (88/88). The ends are very good also and will do a very good job whether they are playing the run or rushing the quarterback. The starting Linebackers are all very good as well and very much compliment the starting front 4. MLB Desmond Carlson (69/69) is the superstar of the group and expect another big season from him in 2037. We move to the cornerbacks, well I would do if I could find one that is. There is nothing much to say about the four of them apart from to say that they have no right being on a practise squad let alone the 53 man roster. The safties could hide the deficiencies at the cornerback position as they are excellent. Strong Safety Kris Leak (78/78) is one the League’s best, he will need to play at the top of his game to help the secondary and this includes adding more picks to his game. Edgar McTyer is the Free Safety and he can make picks, ten in his last 2 years. He’ll need to keep that production going as well. In summary the defense is very good apart from those corners, but the pass rush and safties may be good enough to make up for them. All the starters need to stay healthy though as there is just zero depth.

Prediction: With a GM I think the Falcon could just sneak the Division, without one I feel they will be somewhere around 8-8. The offense lacks a passing game and any injury to the starters on defense is going to cause the Falcons big issues.

Carolina Panthers 2037
    Last year the Panthers finished a poor 5-11 and will certainly be looking to get to at least 500 and push for a Playoff spot in 2037. Last year they started rookie superstar QB Geno Smith who did a decent job for a rookie with 15 TDs and 16 picks. He’s maxed out now at a huge 88/88 and I expect him to make huge leaps in 2037. He has Receiver Dixon Edwards (75/75) as his main target and these two need to be on the same page if the Panthers are to challenge for the Playoffs, but expect Edwards to face a lot of double coverage. This should mean 8th year vet Tommie Woodard will have a good year especially with that 86 big play bar. The Offensive Line is a work in progress with a pair of great Guards and excellent looking rookies at both Centre and Left Tackle. I expect the Line to make great strides this year and help a roster that lacks a standout running back reach a good standard. I like this offense and it’s only going to get better.

The Defense is another story, the front 3 is good versus the run but really lacks pass rushing ability. Playing a 34 you’d think they’d have at least a decent pass rusher at WLB, but the Panthers have nothing and this make stopping the pass very difficult this year. The Linebackers corps has two good run stoppers at SLB and SILB in Brown and Richard but the unit lacks pass coverage which again means they are going to struggle Vs the pass. The secondary has one player of note, 63/63 rated Cornerback Barry Abrams. His partner at corner is rookie Trevor Briel (40/62) who will need to develop quickly to help the Panthers stop the pass. The Safties are just poor. The defense will stop the run but are going to be lit up against the passing game.

Prediction: The offense can carry this team to around 8-8 if Smith can keep the picks down, the defense is the reason this team can’t win the Division.

Los Angeles Saints
    Junior Woodard is the league’s highest rated Quarterback at 90/90. He recorded 9 TDs and 19 picks in his rookie year and 19 Tds and 16 Picks in his 2nd this. In his 3rd year I expect him to look like one of the league’s premier passers. 2nd year receiver Tavon Austin (59/59) will be his favourite target and Austin has a decent supporting cast in Wes Groggs (44/44) and Kerry Cerasani (40/40). Woodward should make those two look a lot better than they are. Woodward also has a top back to hand the ball off to in Mark Bobro (67/67). This will undoubtedly keep defences honest and help Woodward even further when he passes. Rookie Adam England (45/60) will give the Saints a great HB combo keeping both fresh. The Offensive Line is very good and will do a very good opening up lanes for the halfbacks and protecting Woodward. If there is one issue on the offense it’s the fact theat they don’ have a Tight End but even so this should be an excellent balanced unit in 2037 and it’s going to cause defenses a lot of problems

On to defense and I am going start with the trade for Chargers 7th year vet DT Michael Brockers (75/75), (this cost a 1st and 3rd). I don’t understand this move as the DT’s are good enough already and the defences weaknesses are elsewhere. Brockers will join Neal Segalas (81/81) at DT and these two will form a formidable combination. Outside of these two is pass rusher Ted Arnold who should be getting more sacks than he does, I expect a big year from him with double digit for sacks come week 17. Kurt Narvaez finishes off what is certainly one of the top 5 front’s in the FFL. Sammie Collins leads the trio at Linebacker. Collins (76/76) is an outstanding player who is still improving. The Saints though have lost starting SLB Calub McSurdy (54/54) for the year and will have to start rookie Curtis Calara (26/53) who they have high hopes for. The secondary is where that 1st round should have been spent as the Saints have some decent players back there but no game changers. The Cornerbacks are young and learning there trade and although strong safety Clifford McIntyre is a solid starter the safties are not good. This is the one weakness on the team and it could ultimately be the undoing of the Saints season.

Prediction: I see the Saints as the clear favourites for the Division. The offense is very good and the strength of the roster. The defense has enough about them to give the offense the chances they need to win games. So 10 to 12 wins for the Saints and a big playoff run.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    I am surprised quarterback JJ Sutton’s arm has recovered enabling him to start this season after throwing 706 times last year. There is some reason the Buccs throw so much as they have Dustin Bishop (81/81), Howard Rucci (56/56) and Jake Hall (47/47) as receivers and they make an excellent group who should scare defences around the league. In the backfield is running back Cris Stevens (60/60) who is crying out for more touches, he’s fast and takes the load and should be a 1000 yard back if he gets more touches. The Buccs took Left Tackle Rick Hawn (46/73) with 1.12 this year. This I feel was a great move as he will anchor the Offensive Line and really give QB Sutton some protection. The Offensive Line is above average and should help Sutton to avoid the pass rush to some extent.

Onto defense which has a mix of vets and youth. The front seven is a solid unit with few weaknesses of note. But apart from perhaps WLB Brad Rash (75/75) it seems to lack true playmakers. There good Vs the run and good Vs the pass but I don’t see a player in the front 7 who can get 10 sacks this year or make 5 picks apart from the pre-mentioned Rash. Good teams are going to cause this front 7 issues. Randall Joyner (54/54) and JR Coccione (62/62) are the starting cornerbacks and they are more than solid but there is little behind them. The Safties are poor and really do need an upgrade and that means the Buccs may give up more than their quota of big plays.

Prediction: The Buccs can push for the Divisional Title with this roster but to do so they just cannot throw the ball 700 times like they did last season. The offense will make or break their season and will need to carry the defense. So 8 wins if they are pass happy again and 10 or more is a possibility if they run the ball more.
    Last edited by Red Zone; 10-29-2013, 06:59 PM.

Nice work, I like this Division...might have taken it myself if you hadnt claimed it first

Comment

Working...
    X