2037 Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2037 Colts

Colts: Putting the Hoosier Back into the Circle City Defense.

Defense: Overview

Our defense is predicated on having corner backs and safeties with above average speed, good Zone Defense and Bump n Run Defense Bars, and strong Endurance bars. We don't play the four deep zone, ever, and you can get away with some misfit toys at both positions. The aim for our defense is more about interceptions from the defensive backs, and less about sacks from the d line.

I ask our d line to be strong with good endurance, and stop the run.

Corner backs

Roster Strength chart ingame puts us as the sixth worst position group in the FFL. Dang. That means two rookies could start at left and right cornerback for us this coming season.

Safeties

Both nine year vets are solid, and this Position Group lands as the second best in the league. But two nine year veterans without any young prospects on the roster exposes us with a depth problem.

Defensive Line

The Defensive Ends are the fifth worst in the league. Punishing Hitters are non existent. That's a tuffy.

Defensive Tackles are the sixth worst in the league. Dillon is a four year restricted free agent we'll be signing. He has the Run Defense and Endurance we could use, and decent Punishing Hitter. He's not what I consider starting material, but for now, he'll do.

Linebackers

Both Inside and Outside Linebacker groups hover in the top half of the league ratings. At least we can survive with these guys.

Look for the Colts to be looking long and hard at defensive backs in this draft.

1.26. DT Lester Cardwell, Findlay University Oilers
    6-2, 288 lbs.
    Interviewed: Hard 2 Read
    Very Low Volatility
    Wants Winner: Average.

Somewhere someone in FFL is saying..."What the heck is Hoosier thinking?"

Cardwell has one thing you can't coach: speed. He's the fastest defensive tackle in the draft. Throw in that he's the second strongest with a 34 in Bench and an outstanding Endurance Bar...and you have a monster in the making.

Undersized at six two, and underweight at 288 lbs, I'm toying with the idea of a 3-4 with Cardwell staying at nose tackle.

I like the kid. Ty Tan...I didn't like.

Comment

2.27. CB Shaun Casper, Jr., Illinois Fighting Illini
      5'11", 194 lbs.
      Interviewed: Underrated
      Very Low Volatility
      Very Strong Wants Winner

Avearage speed, strength, and broad jump scores are accented by good scores in agility, solevision, and position drill. The position drill caught my eye, and I think his bars hold up. He's an improvement over the corners we have.

Comment

3.24. DT Alex Quinn, Purdue Boilermakers
        6-6, 343 lbs.
        Interviewed: Uh oh
        Very Low Volatilty
        Wants Winner: Average
        Need Scorecard
        Lands 31/41

The kid is tall at 6-6, and overweight, he'll have to lose some weight. More of a technician than a brute, but his Endurance Bar looks good but could drop to the thirties Stelmack indicates his Static Bar in Punishing Hitter is actually around fifty, and we'll take that. Both Static Bars hover at fifty, and that's an improvement.

Both of the DT's I drafted scored well in Bench during Combines, one at 34, and this one at 32, and that's good.

4.24. DE Tom Harris, USC Trojans
        6-4, 276 lbs.
        High volatility
        Didn't Interview

Speedy and strong caught my eye and the two static bars in Pass Rush Strength and Punishing Hitter Bars both look to be in the mid to high fifties.

Joins fellow USC Trojan defensive end Ronnie Crossman (2 years 21/33) on the d line.
        Last edited by Hoosier; 10-17-2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

5.26 K John "Jo Jo" Gunn, Purdue Boilermakers
          6-0, 206 lbs.
          Low volatility

Stelmack indicated he's a better all around kicker than the rest of the rookies on board. I've got to watch this...I'm drafting way too many Boilermakers.
          Last edited by Hoosier; 10-18-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

6.25. RB Tommy Meyer, Oregon State Beavers
            5-9, 210 lbs.
            Average Volatility

I want to try converting him to wideout. I think he can do it!

Comment

Working...
            X