This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey All,

New Rams owner checking in. Not much of a talker myself but Ill give it a go. My name is Calvin and I work for the local University. I have played FOF for years, just has been quite a while since I've done an MP (I finally remembered the league I was in after crusing the FOFC forums and seeing 'Yoda' again, I was in the PFL back in the day). I've always been a huge fan of the sports sim games. From OOTP, EHM, FOF, FM/CM series and on...

Look forward to getting to know you all more as time goes on!

Cheers,
    CBear42
    Last edited by CBear42; 02-15-2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Hello,

My name is Rick Vicedo, I live in San Diego, CA. I am married with 2 children (both in college) I work for the County of San Diego as a Human Services Operations Manager. I am a big fan of text based strategy football games and have played Football Mogul, Action PC Football, Pro Football Simulator before discovering Front Office Football last year.

Oddly enough I also happen to be a Cardinal fan too!

Regards,

Rick
      Rick Vicedo
      GM Chicago Bears

Comment

Originally posted by rgvicedo View Post
        Hello,

My name is Rick Vicedo, I live in San Diego, CA. I am married with 2 children (both in college) I work for the County of San Diego as a Human Services Operations Manager. I am a big fan of text based strategy football games and have played Football Mogul, Action PC Football, Pro Football Simulator before discovering Front Office Football last year.

Oddly enough I also happen to be a Cardinal fan too!

Regards,

Rick

Football Mogul. That's the one that got me into simulation games. Were you in a MP league

FFL
        AFC EAST Champions 2007,2009,2012,2015

Comment

I played in a few MP Leagues but none of them were too stable owner wise so I ended up mainly playing in SP mode.

Too bad the game never evolved much - I really enjoyed making playbooks (offense/defense) or seeing how many Super Bowls I could win by changing teams every three years to the worst team I had not previously GM'd for...
          Rick Vicedo
          GM Chicago Bears

Comment

New 49ers GM here...

I'm actually not a 49ers fan even though I was born in California and spent several years as a kid in the Sacramento area. I'm a life-long, die-hard Steelers fan (hope we meet in the Franchise Bowl every year) even though I have no connection to Steeltown USA. Came to like them as a kid in the 1970s when they had the best football dynasty ever assembled (now I'm dating myself).

I'm new to FOF7 but enjoy the game and have joined a couple of leagues and it's been fun so far. I'm one of those football geeks who prefers to play the GM side of Madden and run teams and simulate seasons as opposed to playing an actual game. Unless you're playing with friends and using the same settings, to me there is little realism or enjoyment in the game when you can move a few sliders and have players play like beasts or move them another way and have the computer intercept just about every pass you attempt. Solo GMming is fun but playing against actual human GMs as opposed to AI is much better.

I too have played old computer sim games -- but much more baseball than football. Anyone remember Micro-League baseball for the Commodore 64? Now I'm really dating myself.

Personally, I'm married, have a son and live in Colorado and I work in the political field (for the good guys of course). I'm mostly on the computer all day so this gives me a good chance to take a work mental break and switch over to some GMmming before getting back to saving the world from the politically inept. When I'm not working or losing FOF7 games (my first full season in any league just finished with only a 4-win season) I enjoy playing sports -- everything from flag football and softball to volleyball and tennis. I'm an avid chess player, movie buff, I enjoy traveling, and I'm actively involved in my church. I'm a huge music fan, particularly anything hard rock, and have thousands of CDs and audio files. Thankfully I've never been prosecuted for my Napster days. My family just finished building and moving into a new home so that occupied a considerable amount of my time over the course of the last year.

Looking forward to reading more about other GMs. Good to "meet" you all.

Steven
            Last edited by StevenE; 03-13-2015, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rgvicedo View Post
              I played in a few MP Leagues but none of them were too stable owner wise so I ended up mainly playing in SP mode.

Too bad the game never evolved much - I really enjoyed making playbooks (offense/defense) or seeing how many Super Bowls I could win by changing teams every three years to the worst team I had not previously GM'd for...

I played in one league called IFCM commish was Jerry Murphy. He had a pretty full league most of the time.

FFL
              AFC EAST Champions 2007,2009,2012,2015

Comment

sting-2_crop_north.jpg
                Shane Clown McGuire
                6'-3" 240 lbs
                Extreme Volatility
                Very Hyper and at any point could launch into a profanity laced message for the class.
                Wants Winner Strong
                Bumper Crop of Conflicts with anyone who crosses his path.

Co-Host of FOF-Radio. 11pm est. Every tuesday night.

Comment

Hi Guys. I'm Daniel from Noblesville, IN. I only recently started playing Fromt Office Football, but I love everything about it. I'm a veteran of the U.S. Air Force. I am currently in school at UNOH pursuing a degree in Sports Marketing and Management. Hope to have some fun with you all.

Comment

New Chargers GM here.

I am a recovering Detroit Lions fan and recently jumped shipped to the Buffalo Bills. I hope the Lions win for historical fans and for the boost to the city. I've always felt for the Bills since the wide right kick, and gotta feel for a team that is good enough to make 4 straight Super Bowls and lose them all.

I am new to FOF8 but have been playing FOF back to the original version. Solo play in college was a non-stop past time. This is my first FOF league since the WigFL went defunct about 15 years ago.

I love sim-sports games but get bored too quickly playing solo to make it more than a few season. I joined here, am in a OOTP league, and run a 3 man Jumpshot Basketball league. I used to run a Jumpshot/NBA league for years until I burnt out. The 3 man league is just for old time sake with friends.

I'm married with two kids and growing up was obsessed with sports, and the idea of sports management. Have been playing these types of games back to Front Page Sports Football 97. When my kids were born my interest in watching sports kind of died away but stay up on stats, records, and management. I do love to play basketball when I can.

I recently had a health scare (stroke/brain injury - I often told I am too young for this to happen) and for my own mental health decided I needed to get back into online Sports-sims so that I have a small fun thing to check in on throughout the week, and glad to see a very active FOF league to join.

Comment

Nice to have you. As you can see, nobody has posted in this thread in years. Maybe I'll get around to it. Maybe others will. :-)

Comment

jointly or individually, either of whom may act alone”.
                        Haha, actually I hadn't. Just saw it was stickied and I didn't pay much attention to dates. Will now

Comment

With this forum coming up to the top, I realized I never posted anything about myself.

My name is John McKeever. I am a 4th generation John so I went by Johnny growing up. My family still calls me that as it is far less confusing than trying to figure out if they are talking about my dad or myself. I am a navy brat, born in Hawaii, lived a number of places so I didn't really have a "home team" for most of my childhood. Since my dad was from Massachussetts, I became a New England/Boston fan. However, I've lived in Washington state for most of my life now and have grown to be a Seattle fan as well. This can provide some challenging conflicts for me at times.

I am a husband and dad with a 7-year-old son. I am a Physical Therapist in a small outpatient PT company in the Kitsap area of Washington.

I played some high school football and ran track but was not a star by any means. However, being a raised by a Boston sports fan, sports have always been part of my life and so I enjoy sports games as well as playing them in person from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSleep View Post

Haha, actually I hadn't. Just saw it was stickied and I didn't pay much attention to dates. Will now
                            Nah. Rile up the troops.

Comment

Working...
                            X