Carolina Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina Panthers

Career Record: 103-103-2 (.500) in the Regular Season; 6-5 (.545) in the Playoffs

Number of Division Titles: 2
    Number of Conference Championships: 1
    Number of Franchise Bowl Championships: 1

History of GMs:
    maddmic (2007-present) 83-75-2 (.525); 6-4 (.600)

2004: 7-9 (T-3rd)
    2005: 8-8 (NFC South Champs) lost in WildCard Round to MIN (24 to 27)
    2006: 6-10 (3rd)
    2007: 2-14 (4th)
    2008: 7-9 (2nd)
    2009: 8-7-1 (2nd)
    2010: 5-11 (3rd)
    2011: 10-6 (T-1st; WildCard) lost in Divisional Round to SEA (10 to 30)
    2012: 12-3-1 (NFC South Champs) won Franchise Bowl over PIT (30 to 28)
    2013: 11-5 (2nd; WildCard) lost in Divisional Round to NYG (22 to 27)
    2014: 10-6 (2nd; WildCard) lost in Divisional Round to NYG (10 to 16)
    2015: 10-6 (2nd; WildCard) lost in WildCard Round to PHI (13 to 20)
    2016: 8-8 (3rd)
    AFC NORTH CHAMPS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2016
    AFC CHAMPS: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016
    FRANCHISE BOWL CHAMPS in 2011 and 2016

2013 Preview

The reigning superbowl champs are back for more. The Panthers bring back pretty much the same team that went 12-3-1 last year and won it all, as their most significant loss was backup safety Craig Gordon. What’s worse for the NFC though is that they get back leaders CB Tye Hill and S RJ Dodge from injury.

Additionally, the Panthers had some luck in the draft too as they had RG Hardy Glasgow fall to them at the end of the 1st. The only top guard prospect in this draft, he should step right into the line in a position that was the only hole for the Panthers last year and he should anchor that position for years to come. The Panthers also picked up LB Justin Kirk in the 3rd, TE Brent Woodson in the 4th, and 8 prospects in the 6th & 7th for added depth.

The leagues’ 2nd highest scoring offense will once again be lead by QB Bo Money following his breakout season, where he threw an astonishing 46 TD’s to 10 INT’s, and WR Andre Johnson and TE Kellen Winslow should again post big numbers. Of course allowing Carolina’s success through the air is a solid offensive line, led by all-world C Brod Bloomgarden and T Vernon Carey, which should be even better this year with the addition of Glasgow.

Defensively, Carolina is all about getting after the QB. DT Shannon Sampson and DE Omar Buchanon lead the Dline that registered 31.5 sacks last year. LB’s James Davis and Terrell Suggs lead a linebacking core that is among the best in the league. Packman Jones leads that secondary that could be among the best this year if it can stay healthy.

Overall this team could be even better this year, if it can stay healthy. They had all the pieces come together last year and they will try to repeat on their success again this year. The key to this may be whether Money can prove his success last year was not a fluke.

Comment

2016 Preview

This team has one of the greatest offensive lines in the league. They are very deep at the RB position. Any one of their RB’s are carry the load. The problem could be that there is no true weapon in the passing game. On defense they have a solid unit. Besides FS Dodge no other player is going to put fear in offensive coordinators this season. If by next season they can get a weapon in the passing game and a play maker at the linebacker position this team could be playing in January.

Comment

2017 Draft Recap

2017 draft recap

We dropped from 1.15 to 1.30 in a deal with Philly which gave us the 1.30, 2.26, 3.25, 5.26, 6.25, & 7.24. This basically meant that we forfeited Bedrich (who ironically went to Philly @ 1.19). Looking at the results, I think that the drop off with regards to LBs wasn't as dramatic as I had envisioned it might be.

1 - 30 (30) CAR J.T. Amaral ILB Temple - 16/57
        2 - 14 (46) CAR Jake Finley OLB Mississippi - 21/62
        2 - 26 (58) CAR Richie Montemayor OLB Iowa State - 23/61

- In 2016 we lost Davis, in 2015 lost Johnson and in 2014 we lost Suggs. After trying to put together a patch-work LB corps in 2016, we felt that this was a hug need and drafted accordingly. All three of our first picks should be starting at LB this season. Finley and Montemayor will move to the inside while Amaral will be lining up at SLB.

3 - 15 (79) CAR Wally Ramirez WR Panhandle State - 17/47

- We haven't had a threat at wide receiver since Andre Johnson walked. I'm not so sure we have one now in Ramirez either. I reached a bit here and should've gone a different direction. I was a little comcerned with the lack of talent at WR and thought he wouldn't last until the 5th round as I didn't have a 4th.

3 - 25 (89) CAR Oliver Pierce TE Penn State - 27/51

- Woodson has been a bit of a disappointment since Winslow retired. We brought in Kudlacz during FA and probably didn't need Pierce, but I liked the way he looked. I probably could've gotten him in the 4th here as well had I had one, but I didn't so I reached again. I really should've reconsidered either 3.15, 3.25, or both. Nate Hoges was who I really wanted and should've taken in the 3rd.

3 - 28 (92) CAR B.J. Elrifai RB Northern Illinois - 29/56 (22/48 after move to WR)

- RB was not a need with Neville in the stable. I wanted some depth should somebody bite on Stump, but then I saw Elrifai and thought he might make the conversion to WR. If this pans out, I may have just saved my 3rd round with this pick.

5 - 15 (143) CAR Arnold England QB Florida State - 13/41

- No real need here other than Money needs a backup. I liked Englands potential even if he is a bit short.

5 - 26 (154) CAR Lonnie Turnbull FB Linfield - 26/44

- After losing Reagan Mauria last season in FA, we grabbed Josh Stevison. We need another option and got it in Turnbull. Hopefully he can do better than Stevison did for us in 2016.

6 - 14 (174) CAR Richie Haayer RG Catawba - 14/53

- Ever looking to add depth on the o-line, we stumbled upon Haayer. He could eventually start at guard for us.

6 - 25 (185) CAR Thomas Ramaswami SS Frseno State - moved to RCB 19/44

- With Tye Hill being moved just before the draft started and the potential of Adam Jones being moved after the draft, we needed depth and potentially a surprise starter late in the draft. Only time will tell, but we feel that Rama will most likely be a back-up.

7 - 15 (207) CAR RDE Tyrus Lake RDE Texas - 16/33

- This was strictly a move to provide depth behind Abrams and Margolies.

7 - 24 (216) CAR Frank Binkow RB UCLA - moved to WR 21/36

- Another attempt to add a decent receiver to the fold. With the pending move of Talley unlikely, Binkow may be on his way out.

Comment

Panthers part ways with two staples.........

The Carolina Panthers traded two of their most prominant defensive backs today. Bryant Turnbull and Adam Jones were both sent to Pittsburgh in exchange for a 4th and two 5th round selections in the 2018 draft. The GM of the Panthers, Mike Moye, addressed the trade.

"We felt that it was time to go in a different direction. Jones has been a rock to this franchise since we drafted him in 2008. Turnbull has also been a huge part of this defense since he arrived in 2011. Without these guys, we never would've won the championship in 2012. I'm positive of that. This team has turned a corner towards rebuilding and we decided that it wouldn't be fair to have Jones and Turnbull in the backfield while we're struggling to go .500. They have each done so much for this franchise, that we felt that we owed it to them to send them to another team with a shot at winning another title. We're just happy that a franchise with that possibility contacted us."

We also asked Mike what he thought about other possible moves on the team.

"Nothing is concrete. We moved Marshall to Philly because we thought that he had a shot at repeating there too. They've got a strong team and Brandon gives them another weapon. Tye Hill went to Washington and will also be in the hunt this season for another ring. Unfortunately he never got the ring with us because of that terrible ACL injury. We had to put him on IR and that precludes one from getting a ring.

But, you asked if there were going to be other moves. We have had contact from other teams regarding a few of our players. All of the players potentially involved have been made aware of our intentions with regard to the team and to their future. So far, we haven't had any complaints. Of the remaining players on the roster, Talley and Stump are who we're most interested in moving."

When asked if there were any plans on moving RJ Dodge, Mike responded rather quickly.

"Absolutely not. We plan on him being here for a while longer. First off, we can't trade our entire defensive backfield away in one season. Secondly, we need a leader and mentor back there. Dodge is it. He's got time left and we'll make the best of it.

I just wanted to reiterate how proud we were to have Marshall, Hill, Jones, and Turnbull on our squad all those years. I also want to wish each and every one of them good luck in their future. A part of us will be pulling for them to win the big one this year."

After we finished speaking with the GM, we caught up to Jones and Turnbull. Turnbull didn't have much to say.

"I guess it was my time. Six years in Dallas and I'm traded. Six years in Carolina and I'm traded. I got two rings from two different teams. Maybe I can make it three."

Jones was a little more talkative.

"Yeah, he called me into his office and told me the news. We talked for a while. He wanted to make sure that I was ok with the move and I was. It'll be hard to leave this place after being here for so long, but I'm glad that they're giving me a chance to get another championship. These guys down here are real class acts. They took a chance on me coming out of college. I wasn't the fastest or the biggest corner in that draft, but they saw that I had heart.

Who knows where I'd be if they didn't take a chance on me? I mean, I coulda ended up at a strip club or something with people shooting and stuff all around me. Or I might have fallen into some problems with alcohol or drugs. We'll never know though. These guys treated me good and I'll always respect them for that. If I get into the hall one day, there's no question about which helmet I'll be wearing."

With that, Jones simply walked over to his former teammates and wished them all the best. Having faced the NFC East in 2015 and the AFC North in 2014, these guys won't have to worry about facing their teammates any time soon, unless the Panthers surprise and make the playoffs.

Comment

2021 Draft Recap:

1.1 - QB Howie Barrett - The single biggest need on the Panthers roster was at the quarterback position. QB Mickey Garner was taken in the 2nd round of the 2019 draft, but in his 2 years as a starter, he failed to wow and ended up being injured for 7 games in 2020. 11TDs and 31INTs over 24 games was not something envisioned when he was initially drafted.

Enter Barrett. The North Carolina standout had a lot of success in his 3 years as a starter, but there are some questions surrounding him. As with any QB, height and passing lanes are extremely important and this is where the first question pops for young Barrett. Standing at 5'11", he's a bit undersized compared to most FFL QB's who average 6'2". His second question mark is his playing weight of 198 pounds. This could result in injuries if he is hit often.

On to the good. This kid is a combine freak. He recorded the fastest 40 time in the 2021 draft as well as for any FFL QB known. Perhaps this is why he has not had a significant injury while at North Carolina. His ability to get out of the pocket and scramble for chunks of yards at a time is something that will help the Panthers running attack which has been anemic as of late. Barrett's 7.18 agility drill is tops for this year's QB class and also allowed him to move around in the pocket and avoid would be tacklers and get out of the pocket to scramble. His Sole score of 45 was second only to Burroughs and his broad jump of 9'9" continues to build on his impressive combine. His strength is above average as well and second only to Burroughs. His ability to heave the ball down field should continue in the FFL.

The intangibles are the unknown. How fast can Barrett make his reads? Will he be able to adjust to the speed of the FFL and it's complex defenses? Will his height come into play, or will his ability to elude defenders prove to overcome that?

One thing is for sure though. Coming out of the draft, the Panthers have their franchise QB. Their lack of game breaking receivers though will potentially limit his impact.

Pre-camp ratings: 43/82
            Post Camp ratings: 53/84
            Post Preseason ratings: 58/84
            Week 8 ratings: 69/84
            Week 16 ratings: 74/84

Solecismic Score: 45
            40 Time: 4.31
            Bench Reps: 16
            Agility: 7.18
            Broad Jump: 9' 9"
            Position Drill: 76
            Grade: 7.40
            Adjusted Grade: 8.50
            Vol - 99

1.29 - TE Richie Fuller - For the third year in a row, the Panthers have selected another TE. Some might wonder why they would spend another draft pick on a position that they're not really all that thin at.

When asked, GM Mike Moye responded, "While our current roster has three TEs, none is as complete as Fuller. Woodson can pass block well and has sure hands, Duffy can pass block and runs very crisp routes, and Poff is adept at both run and pass blocking. Fuller brings a superb blocking game as well as a better than average pass catching game to our team. He runs good routes and will be able to grab the important passes needed to get us those hard first downs. Additionally, since he played some linebacker at Fort Lewis, he's not afraid to go over the middle to grab the hard passes, nor is he afraid to make a hit or special teams tackle. He had some drops during the combines, but we believe that after watching game footage, it was more of an abnormality than the norm. For a kid to be coming out of a division II A school and be selected in the first round, he's got to have a solid game. That's why we took him and that's why we believe he'll be a valuable addition to the Panthers organization."

Pre-camp ratings: 56/75
            Post Camp ratings: 62/74
            Post Preseason ratings: 70/74
            Week 8 ratings: 79/79 (now injured though)
            Week 16 ratings: 79/79

Solecismic Score: 30
            40 Time: 4.78
            Bench Reps: 29
            Agility: 7.57
            Broad Jump: 9' 7"
            Position Drill: 41
            Grade: 6.50
            Adjusted Grade: 5.70
            Vol - 51

2.28 - CB Jumbo McKnight - It is clear that since the Panthers lost Pacman Jones and Tye Hill, they have sorely needed a corner back. We don't believe that Carolina had intended on taking a CB here, but their board was quickly diminishing in front of their eyes. The Panthers GM has actually confirmed that safety Tirtha (taken at 2.22 by the Browns) was their target. He went on to say that Collett (taken at 2.26 by the 49ers) was also high on their priority list. Not wanting to address any more questions on the subject, Mike focussed in on why they took McKnight.

"Jumbo can come in and help us immediately. We probably reached a little bit to get him, but with other CBs falling off our board, we felt like this was a pick we had to make. McKnight comes in playing man to man well as well as the run. We like for our corners to be able to assist on defending the run and Jumbo can do that. He has the ability to read plays and change things on the fly if necessary, as well as lay out a pretty hard hit. The biggest thing that McKnight brings to the team is his ability to create turnovers. With a league worst -19 turnover ratio, it is clear that something needs to happen on the defensive side of the ball. Obviously that's not where the problem lies completely, but for the team to only have 9 interceptions, something has to change. With Darrow creating a strong pass rush up front, we're hoping that opposing QBs will be forced into making hasty decisions."

Pre-camp ratings: 22/51
            Post Camp ratings: 29/47
            Post Preseason ratings: 33/47
            Week 8 ratings: 37/47
            Week 16 ratings: 39/47

40 Time: 4.52
            Bench Reps: 10
            Agility: 7.06
            Broad Jump: 9' 0"
            Position Drill: 37
            Grade: 4.70
            Adjusted Grade: 4.80
            Vol - 98

2.28 - OLB Tyrus Harden - Creating pass rush is what the Panthers seem to be focusing on. Harden, out of San Jose State, enjoys chasing down QBs deep in their own backfield. Harden will most likely push Coffey, the Panthers 2020 3rd round pick, to the inside. Coffey was unable to create a pass rush on the outside as much as Carolina would have liked him to. This may be a message to the rest of the NFC South that the Panthers are going to be pressuring opposing QBs all year long.

Hardens loves to play the game. He's not the hardest hitter, nor is he the most polished player, but his heart for the game is huge. He is capable of stopping the run and can change up his play depending on the offense's adjustments. His real forte though is chasing down opposing QBs. He loves to get after them off the outside and make them beat him. He's not too shabby in zone defense either.

Pre-camp ratings: 24/55
            Post Camp ratings: 27/51
            Post Preseason ratings: 26/51 (post move to WLB)
            Week 8 ratings: 33/51
            Week 16 ratings: 41/51

Solecismic Score: 32
            40 Time: 4.65
            Bench Reps: 17
            Agility: 7.27
            Broad Jump: 9' 0"
            Position Drill: 32
            Grade: 5.20
            Adjusted Grade: 5.00
            Vol - 99

3.1 - RB Wade Denson - Running the ball continues to be something of an enigma for the Panthers. Promising RB Tyrone Neville has had 2 1000 yard campaigns, and has a career average of 4.4 ypc, but for some reason he hasn't been able to complete back to back campaigns consistently. Some questions about his endurance have risen and we think that's why Carolina went with Denson at 3.1.

Denson provides the Panthers with a back who has more speed out of the backfield. His 4.51 40 time won't blow anybody away, but he is more explosive than Neville is. Denson has good vision and should be able to find the holes opened up by the Panthers offensive line. He has the ability to catch passes out of the backfield, although his route running looks to be a little suspect. Densons endurance coupled with his ability to hit the occasional home run though is what the Panthers were after when they selected him.

Pre-camp ratings: 32/50
            Post Camp ratings: 34/45
            Post Preseason ratings: 34/45
            Week 8 ratings: 35/45
            Week 16 ratings: 36/45

Solecismic Score: 23
            40 Time: 4.51
            Bench Reps: 12
            Agility: 7.31
            Broad Jump: 9' 10"
            Position Drill: 21
            Grade: 5.30
            Adjusted Grade: 5.60
            Vol - 97

3.16 - WR Neal Walton - Why Walton one might ask. At first glance, he looks a little rough around the edges. He wasn't a huge burner and didn't stretch the field at Indiana. What he did do though was provide good to very good route running and sure hands. This is something the Panthers desperately need at the wide receiver position. The team ranked dead last in completion percentage and 28 dropped passes (17 by WRs) didn't help matters.

Walton had a good combine and should be able to drop right into the starting lineup as a third or fourth option for rookie QB Barrett.

Pre-camp ratings: 23/38
            Post Camp ratings: 28/42
            Post Preseason ratings: 29/42
            Week 8 ratings: 29/42
            Week 16 ratings: 30/42

Solecismic Score: 28
            40 Time: 4.48
            Agility: 6.99
            Broad Jump: 8' 9"
            Position Drill: 54
            Grade: 5.10
            Adjusted Grade: 5.30
            Vol - 35

3.29 - DE Anthony McMahon - Questions surround the durability of McMahon. He has all the tools to flourish in the FFL, but his injury history is what had most teams shying away from him. The Panthers have always loved linemen who can stop the run, especially since they converted to the 3-4 a few years ago. McMahon should prove to be a potent run stopper as well as provide a bit of a pass rush when he gets around the tackles. His way is currently blocked with Abrams and the acquisition of Darrow. He will most likely be in a backup role, or potentially play the extra DT in goal line situations.

Pre-camp ratings: 19/50
            Post Camp ratings: 23/45
            Post Preseason ratings: 23/45
            Week 8 ratings: 24/45
            Week 16 ratings: 26/45

Solecismic Score: 27
            40 Time: 4.81
            Bench Reps: 24
            Agility: 7.41
            Broad Jump: 9' 2"
            Grade: 4.80
            Adjusted Grade: 5.30
            Vol - 54

4.21 - C Chris Pyne - Pyne has shown some aptitude for protecting the QB while at K-State. He's not the most powerful lineman, but his footwork and shorter stature make him harder to get around than most people think. He is an excellent long snapper and can start contributing there immediately. The Panthers have been searching for a suitable backup for Justice the past three seasons and nothing has really panned out yet. Pyne should get the backup job out of training camp, but that remains to be seen.

Pre-camp ratings: 26/53
            Post Camp ratings: 34/53
            Post Preseason ratings: 35/53
            Week 8 ratings: 35/53
            Week 16 ratings: 35/53

Solecismic Score: 36
            40 Time: 5.32
            Agility: 7.93
            Broad Jump: 8' 7"
            Grade: 5.00
            Adjusted Grade: 4.30
            Vol - 69

5.1 - S Eli Martinez - A team can never have too many defensive backs in this league. The Panthers have been drafting a lot of them in recent years and have converted their fair share from safety to corner back. There are some indications that they may do this with Martinez as well, but Goeas and Tripodi have raised some questions the last two years in the free safety spot and could be push for playing time.

Pre-camp ratings: 18/50
            Post Camp ratings: 22/46
            Post Preseason ratings: 23/46
            Week 8 ratings: 24/46
            Week 16 ratings: 26/46

Solecismic Score: 36
            40 Time: 4.68
            Bench Reps: 17
            Broad Jump: 9' 5"
            Position Drill: 15
            Grade: 4.40
            Adjusted Grade: 4.10
            Vol - 57

5.2 - RB Ray Terry - Carolina moved split end Wally Ramirez to get this pick. They had been shopping Ramirez since the beginning of free agency and finally found a partner in Baltimore. There seems to be little argument in what rold Terry will play for the Panthers. His pass catching ability has made him a clear candidate to be moved to WR and on a team like the Panthers, there's little standing in his way. The question will be his weight going into training camp as to whether he can make the transition a successful one. If he could lose 20 pounds, his frame would be nice to have in the red zone for rookie Barrett.

Pre-camp ratings: 32/47
            Post Camp ratings: 33/44
            Post Preseason ratings: 33/44
            Week 8 ratings: 33/44
            Week 16 ratings: 33/44

Solecismic Score: 18
            Bench Reps: 9
            Agility: 7.35
            Broad Jump: 9' 11"
            Position Drill: 23
            Grade: 4.40
            Adjusted Grade: 4.70
            Vol - 48

5.32 - S Bryant Crawford - In keeping with the theory, the Panthers proved that you can't draft too many DBs. Crawfords endurance and injury history has been questioned throughout the draft and combine, but he is very intelligent and excels in pass coverage. Carolina will probably move him to corner back and leave Martinez at safety.

Pre-camp ratings: 14/41
            Post Camp ratings: 17/47
            Post Preseason ratings: 18/47
            Week 8 ratings: 21/47
            Week 16 ratings: 23/47

Solecismic Score: 42
            40 Time: 4.57
            Bench Reps: 14
            Agility: 7.51
            Broad Jump: 8' 11"
            Position Drill: 34
            Grade: 4.20
            Adjusted Grade: 3.90
            Vol - 74

6.1 - WR Barry Norris - Carolina starts the 6th round with another WR pick. If Terry is converted, this will be their third of the draft. We really can't argue with this pick, especially this late in the draft. The Panthers came into this draft with three distinct needs. They addressed the QB need by drafting Barrett first overall. They fixed their defensive line with the addition of DE Darrow. The only question left is can they fix their receiving corps issues by throwing picks against a wall and see who sticks? Norris brings great route running ability with little to scare opposing teams in the way of breaking the big play. He should be able to make the cut after training camp as there's not much in the way of competition on this team.

Pre-camp ratings: 13/53
            Post Camp ratings: 17/45
            Post Preseason ratings: 17/45
            Week 8 ratings: 19/45
            Week 16 ratings: 21/45

40 Time: 4.54
            Agility: 7.30
            Broad Jump: 8' 6"
            Position Drill: 49
            Grade: 4.10
            Vol - 8

6.13 - FB Al Mitchell - A blocker Mitchell is not. So what good is a FB who doesn't block? Plenty when he can catch the ball as well as Mitchell can. The Panthers could very well move Mitchell to TE, but that position is crowded with Woodson and Fuller all but guaranteed roster spots. Duffy and Poff are more than capable third string TEs, sos if Mitchell is tried out at TE in camp, expect Carolina to move either Poff or Duffy, or both. Mitchell has great hands, runs crisp routes and can catch the tough third down passes. If he can lost some weight, we wouldn't be surprised to see him more to receiver as he is a bit small for TE.

Pre-camp ratings: 19/47
            Post Camp ratings: 20/42
            Post Preseason ratings: 20/42
            Week 8 ratings: 21/42
            Week 16 ratings: 21/42

Solecismic Score: 31
            40 Time: 4.79
            Agility: 7.60
            Broad Jump: 8' 3"
            Position Drill: 27
            Grade: 3.80
            Adjusted Grade: 3.10
            Vol - 16

7.1 - ILB Nicky Jeffries - Jeffries presents an interesting situation in that his combine wasn't all that bad. He doesn't possess the speed to chase down speedy backs, but he has the agility to make sure they don't get past him so that he doesn't have to chase them down. His above average run stopping skills and man to man defense could make him the surprise of the draft for the Panthers.

Pre-camp ratings: 26/50
            Post Camp ratings: 30/46
            Post Preseason ratings: 31/46
            Week 8 ratings: 32/46
            Week 16 ratings: 32/46

Combine Scores:
            Solecismic Score: 22
            40 Time: 4.96
            Bench Reps: 21
            Agility: 7.47
            Broad Jump: 9' 2"
            Position Drill: 19
            Grade: 4.90
            Vol - 5

Comment

2022 Draft recap

1.18 - DE E.J. Wilson - 31/63

Pre-camp ratings: 31/63
              Post Camp ratings: 37/64
              Post Preseason ratings: 37/64
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 51/64

Solecismic Score: 37
              40 Time: 4.69
              Bench Reps: 35
              Agility: 7.34
              Position Drill: n/a
              Grade: 5.80
              Adjusted Grade: 6.40
              Vol - 93

3.12 - SILB Rodderick Muckelroy - (Moved to SLB precamp)

Pre-camp ratings: 18/63
              Post Camp ratings: 23/57
              Post Preseason ratings: 23/57
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 26/57

Solecismic Score: 25
              Bench Reps: 26
              Agility: 7.67
              Broad Jump: 9' 1"
              Position Drill: 35
              Vol - 55

3.14 - DT D'Anthony Smith - (moved to LDE precamp)

Pre-camp ratings: 15/47
              Post Camp ratings: 19/50
              Post Preseason ratings: 22/50
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 28/50

Solecismic Score: 17
              40 Time: 4.98
              Agility: 7.65
              Broad Jump: 9' 3"
              Adjusted Grade: 5.10
              Vol - 87

4.12 - G Jon Asamoah -

Pre-camp ratings: 32/61
              Post Camp ratings: 35/58
              Post Preseason ratings: 38/58
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 46/58

40 Time: 5.27
              Bench Reps: 27
              Agility: 7.87
              Broad Jump: 7' 8"
              Grade: 5.00
              Vol - 41

4.15 - TE Ed Dickson -

Pre-camp ratings: 28/63
              Post Camp ratings: 31/57
              Post Preseason ratings: 34/57
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 44/57

Solecismic Score: 37
              40 Time: 4.81
              Bench Reps: 25
              Agility: 7.99
              Adjusted Grade: 4.60
              Vol - 96

4.17 - RB Jonathan Dwyer -

Pre-camp ratings: 30/55
              Post Camp ratings: 24/42
              Post Preseason ratings: 24/42
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 24/42

40 Time: nc
              Bench Reps: nc
              Agility: nc
              Broad Jump: nc
              Position Drill: 16
              Vol - 56

5.18 - SS Myron Rolle - (moved to CB)

Pre-camp ratings: 23/44
              Post Camp ratings: 22/44
              Post Preseason ratings: 22/44
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 22/44

Solecismic Score: 42
              40 Time: 4.63
              Bench Reps: 18
              Broad Jump: 8' 2"
              Position Drill: 37
              Grade: 4.60
              Vol - 5

5.20 - CB Sherrick McManis -

Pre-camp ratings: 23/43
              Post Camp ratings: 26/39
              Post Preseason ratings: 26/39
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 31/39

Solecismic Score: 10
              40 Time: 4.61
              Agility: 7.12
              Broad Jump: 8' 8"
              Position Drill: 51
              Grade: 4.30
              Adjusted Grade: 4.40
              Vol - 35

6.12 - G Chris Marinelli -

Pre-camp ratings: 11/62
              Post Camp ratings: 16/55
              Post Preseason ratings: 16/55
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 17/55

Solecismic Score: 11
              Bench Reps: 27
              Agility: 7.82
              Broad Jump: 7' 3"
              Grade: 4.10
              Adjusted Grade: 3.90
              Vol - 95

7.12 - TE Mike Hoomanawanui -

Pre-camp ratings: 20/46
              Post Camp ratings: 31/48
              Post Preseason ratings: 32/48
              Week 8 ratings:
              Week 16 ratings: 35/48

40 Time: 4.76
              Agility: 7.57
              Adjusted Grade: 4.00
              Vol - 67

Comment

2022 Preview

Recent Records:

2018: 2-14 (4th place)
                2019: 5-11 (4th place)
                2020: 0-16 (4th place)
                2021: 7-9 (2nd place)

Players lost via free agency: DT Anthony Spencer (44/44 to HOU); QB Vernon Marroquin (33/33 to NED); RB Ray Terry (33/42 to OAK); WR BJ Elrifai (34/34 to OAK); and CB Teddy Groves (32/32 to IND)

Players lost via trade: DE Shannon Darrow (71/71 to MIN); WR Gino Moser (43/43 to MIN); RB Tyrone Neville (62/62 to TEN); and TE Billy Duffy (43/43 to ATL)

Players added via free agency: WR Arnie Sherry (37/37 from KCY); RB Tommie Peters (49/49 from DAL); QB Leonard Collins (24/33 from LAS); QB John Beck (12/12 from CLE); CB Ethan Gayton (36/36 from NED)

Players added via trade: WR Eddie Royal (59/59 from MIN); DE Tim Crowder (50/50 from MIN)

DRAFT:
                1-18 DE EJ Wilson (rated 37/64)
                3-12 OLB Rodderick Muckelroy (rated 23/57)
                3-15 DE D'Anthony Smith (rated 19/50)
                4-12 G Jon Asamoah (rated 35/58)
                4-15 TE Ed Dickson (rated 31/57)
                4-17 RB Jonathan Dwyer (rated 24/42)
                5-18 CB Sherrick McManus (rated 26/39)
                5-20 CB Myron Rolle (rated 22/44)
                6-12 G Chris Marinelli (rated 16/55)
                7-12 TE Mike Hoomanwanui (rated 31/48)

Offseason Review:

I like the move made with Minnesota, shipping out Darrow & Moser for Royal & Crowder. Darrow never looked comfortable in DC Julio Holliday's defensive scheme and Crowder, along with 1st round draft pick EJ Wilson should produce more at that position. The addition of Eddie Royal gives 2nd year QB Howie Barrett a legitimate #1 WR and should improve the offense.

Another move I liked, was the signing of WR Arnie Sherry. Sherry will slide in nicely into the slot receiver role. Despite the lackluster rating, he put up impressive numbers from the slot during his career, including a 58 catch 714 yard, 10 TD season last year for the Chiefs.

Quarterbacks:

2nd year QB Howie Barrett went through some growing pains last season, like most rookie QBs do. He's going to be the face of the franchise for years to come though and with the addition of the new offensive weapons this season, look for him to contend for a Pro Bowl spot.

Not much depth behind Barrett though. The main backup is Leonard Collins, who has never attempted a pass in his FFL career. Veteran John Beck was brought in to be the 3rd QB and mentor to Barrett, but he hasn't attempted a pass since the 2016 season.

Backfield:

The front office retooled the backfield, shipping out Tyone Neville (934 rushing yards last season) and bringing in Tommie Peters (752 rushing yards with Dallas last season). 2nd year back Wade Denson played well in spurts last season, so look for him to get a share of the carries as well. FB Reuben Preston will look to improve on his poor run blocking numbers from last season, but he remains a nice check down option for Barrett.

Receivers:

Eddie Royal gives this team the number 1 receiving option they were lacking last season. A playmaker on the field, but he also brings a veteran leadership and will help mentor the young receiving corp. Neal Walton will lineup opposite Royal and will look to repeat an impressive rookie season. The 3rd round pick quickly became a favorite of Barrett's last season and racked up 1140 yards on 92 catches. The addition of Royal as well as Arnie Sherry, should take some pressure off Walton and we should see him cut down on his league-high 17 drops last season. The Panthers and OC Preston Carpenter will need to find a way to get TE Richie Fuller more involved in the passing game this season. At 6-4, 249 pounds, Fuller provides a nice option over the middle and has the ability to burn teams that throw a LB to cover him.

Offensive Line:

The Panthers have a solid offensive line, lead by LT Lionel Poock. Poock is entering his 11th season, but appears to be getting better with age as he was selected to his first All-FFL 1st team last season. RT will be manned by Courtney Diminnie, who is a run blocking specialist. The Panthers brass hope to see a repeat performance of last season, where he only allowed 4 sacks and not revert to his 2020 numbers of 12 sacks allowed. The Guard and Center positions are stocked with a mix of solid veterans and promising youngsters. They have 3 centers who are starter quality, but it appears vet Steven Justice will enter the season as the starter. With the solid veterans on the line, look for the coaching staff to allow rookies Jon Asamoah & Chris Marinelli to learn the game slowly for the next couple seasons.

Defensive Line:

Two-thirds of the starting line has been replaced from last season. Tim Crowder came over from Minnesota in the Shannon Darrow trade and appears to be a better fit for the system. He'll get the nod at LDE. He's battled injury problems the past few seasons, but last year's starter Kerry Abrams will step in if Crowder misses any time. Over on the right side is 1st round pick EJ Wilson. Wilson was a dominant hard hitting pass rusher at North Carolina and marks the 2nd straight year the Panthers selected a Tar Heel with their first pick. Wilson will take some time to get used to the speed of the FFL, but he's already one of the hardest hitters in the league so we look for him to cause a lot of fumbles on unexpecting QBs and RBs. Anchoring the D-Line, is NT Wade Turner. Turner has been consistent over his first 3 seasons, but is looking for a breakout season in 2022.

Linebackers:

Manning the middle will be Marty Larry (63 tackles in 2021) and Wendell Coffey (34 tackles). Larry is a solid LB in both the running game and dropping into coverage. Coffey, however, has no pass rushing ability and is below average in coverage. He'll look to improve on those areas. On the outside, the Panters will trot out SLB Leonard Korte and WLB Tyrus Harden. Korte was suspended for his rookie season, but was 2nd on the team last season with 82 tackles. While below average in coverage, Korte is a smart player that can see plays develop earlier than most at his position. Harden isn't your typical 3-4 WLB, as his pass rushing skills are questionable. We look for 3rd round pick Rodderick Muckelroy to take over that position by the end of the season.

Defensive Backs:

This is the biggest cause of concern for the Panthers, and will most likely be the area the front office will concentrate on next offseason. The starting corners look to be Antoine Cason (a career high PDPct of 78.2 last season), and Jumbo McKnight (a 72.4 PDPct in his rookie year last season). The nickleback appears to be Bryant Crawford (74.9 PDPct in 2021). The bright spot of the secondary is SS Louis Delmas, who is one of the best safeties in the game. Delmas is excellant in coverage, as well as helping out against the run. He's had at least 124 tackles in each of the last 3 season and had a career high 7 INTs last season. Opposite him at FS appears to be Darryl Tripodi. Tripodi backed up Delmas the past 2 seasons, but has shown promise. Combine that promise with the ineptness of last season's starter, Rich Goeas, and you get the Panthers willing to take a look at Tripodi as a starter.

Special Teams:

Both P Bill Hankton and K Bruce Darche return for their 2nd season as a Panther. Look for Hankton to once again be among the top 5 punters, while Darche tries to repeat the career year he had last season. In his first 6 seasons in the league (with NED & TEN); he only hit 54.2% of his field goal attempts over 40 yards. He nailed 9 of 11 (81.8%) from that range last season though and hit 88% of them overall.

The return game hasn't been a strong point for the Panthers for many seasons. RB Raymond Bournigal will once again be the primary kick returner, despite finishing with an average of 18.1 yards on 45 returns (good for 29th among returners with 20 or more returns). On punts, look for FS Eli Martinez. Martinez has potential to excel on returns, but struggled with it last season averaging only 5.8 yards on 20 returns (23rd among PRs with 20 or more returns)

2022 Season Outlook:

After years in the cellar of the NFC South, the Panthers took a big step forward last season. Look for them to continue to grow and challenge for the division title. I think they'll fall a bit short to Atlanta due to lackluster talent at CB, but will have a 9-7 record and a wildcard spot.

Comment

2021 Draftees become sophomores

as the 2022 season comes to a close for the Carolina Panthers, we take a look back at the 2021 draft and see how things have progressed.

1.1 QB Howie Barrett - the 2021 first overall pick and clearly the best player taken in the amatuer draft by the Panthers in some time, continued his development in a big way.

2021 week 16 ratings: 74/84
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 95/95

1.29 TE Richie Fuller - the Panthers 2nd first round pick from the 2021 season had his rookie season marred by a leg injury in week 6. he looked to need little development though at that point in the season.

2021 week 16 ratings: 79/79
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 78/78

2.28 CB Jumbo McKnight - initially some thought that McKnight was picked too high. his combines didn't wow anybody, but with few options at cornerback, the Panthers took a chance. he improved over his stats last season and could have a decent career.

2021 week 16 ratings: 39/47
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 41/41

2.32 WLB Tyrus Harden - the promising young LB from San Jose State could not match his production from last season. he is a fan favorite and hasn't done anything to diminish his locker room preseance, but an untimely injury could impact his playing time with Muckleroy now on the squad.

2021 week 16 ratings: 41/51
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 43/43

3.1 RB Wade Denson - Denson was more of a threat out of the backfield in 2022 than he was in 2021. still, Carolina will most likely continue with a two-back set which will cut into his playing time. the Panthers are reluctant to move away from that style of offense as they've had success with it in the past.

2021 week 16 ratings: 36/45
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 37/37

3.16 WR Neal Walton - the Panthers have been very pleased with Waltons progress thusfar. there were some concerns with his 17 dropped passes in 2021, but he cut down on that in his 2nd season (10), while doubling his TD receptions ( 8 ).

2021 week 16 ratings: 30/42
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 46/46

3.29 DE Anthony McMahon - the drafting of Wilson and Smith allowed us to move McMahon. there were no plans to move him, but with the talent available at defensive end this season, we felt like it was a fair move to make. McMahon assumed a starting role on the Colts this past season. the Panters received Indy's 4th and 7th roundpicks in 2023.

2021 week 16 ratings: 26/45
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 37/42

4.21 C Chris Pyne - sent to the Solecismique league this past summer, Pyne continues to make strides towards a starting role on the offensive line. Steven Justice is still playing well, but there was some concern about his run blocking in 2022. Justice restructured his contract last season, so Pyne will have to impress to unseat the veteran.

2021 week 16 ratings: 35/53
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 52/56

5.1 S Eli Martinez - Martinez came out of the gate slowly this season and quickly found himself behind Delmas, Tripodi, and Goeas. rumor has it that he was in the coaches doghouse for much of the season. the Panther's anemic punt returns though force them to give Eli another shot in the playoffs. He made a few key tackles and averaged 7 yards per return. if he can continue to improve, the Panthers sure could use a shot in the arm on special teams.

2021 week 16 ratings: 26/46
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 29/44

5.2 RB Ray Terry - signed by the Raiders in the offseason to a 2 year $3.45 million deal, Terry seemed to run the ball well, averaging over 4.5 ypc.

2021 week 16 ratings: 33/44
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 36/43

5.32 S Bryant Crawford - the converted safety played decently in his second season. he participated in about 150 more pass plays, yet his PDpct didn't suffer. his kickoff return average dipped though and the Panthers will probably be looking for a different solution for the 2023 season.

2021 week 16 ratings: 23/47
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 32/43

6.1 WR Barry Norris - the 2nd year receiver didn't see the field this season. the acquisition of Eddie Royal and Arnie Sherry as well as the continued improvement of Ethan Blackshear kept the youngster off the field.

2021 week 16 ratings: 21/45
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 23/42

6.13 FB Al Mitchell - he was released due to injuries on the roster in week 6 of the 2022 season.

2021 week 16 ratings: 21/42
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 23/40

7.1 LB Nicky Jeffries - after an initial feeling that Jeffries wouldn't contribute too much, he played in all 16 games during the 2022 season. he performed well in his limited action, but at this time will not be pushing Larry or Korte for anymore playing time.it's hard to imagine him becoming a dominant starting ILB, but he is performing well in a backup role.

2021 week 16 ratings: 32/46
                  2022 week 16 ratings: 40/46

Comment

2022 Season Review:

the Panthers took another step forward this past season. after an 0-16 season in 2020 that landed them Howie Barrett with the first selection in 2021, the Panthers improved to 7-9. this past season though, Carolina took another step forward finishing the year 10-6 and winning the NFC South for the first time in years. the Panthers proceeded to narrowly edge the Giants in the wild card round, but succomed to the Seahawks in the divisional playoff game.

some things of note:

QB Howie Barrett - Barrett was hurt again this season and only played in 12 games. of the 12 games, 9 were wins. the sophomore QB completed 63.1% of his passes for 2987 yards. he threw for 29 TDs while only being intercepted 4 times. he ended the season with only 2 300+ yard performances and a 105.2 QB rating. Barrett also flashed some of his quickness rushing the ball 43 times for 184 yards and 1 TD.

RB Tommie Peters - old man Peters somewhat resurrected his career this past season. it wasn't something that movies are made of, but the 9th year running back out of USC proved that he can still get it done by rushing for over 1000 yards (his first time since 2019) and 8 TDs (his most since 2019) while averaging 4.94 ypc (the best average of his career). Peters also tossed in a few catches for 92 yards and a couple of TDs.

TE Richie Fuller - Fuller came alive this season and showed why the Panthers selected him in the first round. he caught 61.9% of the passes thrown his way for 542 yards and 4 TDs. Fuller also proved effective in the running game posting a 37 BPct. his role in the offense should only get bigger in the next few years.

SE Eddie Royal - the offseason acquisition of a downfield receiving threat was our top priority. after missing out on a few of the bigger name free agents, we swung a deal that brought Eddie Royal in from the Vikings. some around the league expressed their opinion that Royal could not be a #1 type receiver, yet he performed well hauling in 77 passes for 1100+ yardsm, a 14.58 average per catch, and 11TDs. despite being targeted 129 times, he was not Barrett's favorite.

SE Neal Walton - for the second year, the receiver targeted most by Barrett was Walton. he caught 82 of the 147 passes thrown his way. he continued to impress by amassing almost 1100 yards (1098) for the second year in a row. he increased his average ypc to 13.39 and hauled in 8 TDs. he also increased his YAC from 237 to 373.

SS Louis Delmas - continues to be a beast. 136 tackles, and 5 INTs on the season.

Comment

Re: Carolina Panthers

2023 Rookie Draft

2.2 - LT T.J. McGregor - 32/58 - the sudden and unexpected retiring of Poock necessitated this selection. we had our eyes on him, hoping that he would fall out of the first round, but did not honestly expect him to be there. the signing of Clark and Clancy buys us a couple of seasons to get McGregor up to speed. there's no secret how our offense is driven right now, so providing Barrett with as much protection as possible is the primary focus. if things go badly for us this season, expect him to be starting by mid point. if not though, he won't start til next year at the earliest.

Pre-camp ratings: 32/58
                      Post Camp ratings:
                      Post Preseason ratings:
                      Week 8 ratings:
                      Week 16 ratings:

Bench Reps: 38
                      Agility: 7.54
                      Broad Jump: 8'2"
                      Position Drill: N/A
                      Grade: 5.60
                      Adjusted Grade: 6.20
                      Vol - 58

2.24 - RB Buddy Wittich - 35/61 - the situation at running back has been less than a strength for our team over the past few years. 10th year RB Tommie Peters had a revival of sorts by averaging 4.94 ypc, the highest of his career. the Panthers are trying for a little bit of the same magic this season with the acquisition of 8th year back Jenkins in free agency from the Seahawks and a trade that brought in fellow 8th year RB Alonzo Wire from Houston. Wittich reminds many Carolina faithful of one Tyrone Neville who was never able to put consistent performances together. the Panthers staff hopes that's not the case. Wittich will most likely see most of his action this season on special teams.

Pre-camp ratings: 35/61
                      Post Camp ratings:
                      Post Preseason ratings:
                      Week 8 ratings:
                      Week 16 ratings:

Agility: 7.27
                      Broad Jump: 9'5"
                      Position Drill: 18
                      Vol - 12

2.30 - NT Louis Parker - 30/62 - there is some evidence that this pick was almost forfeited due to not having a name to the commish in time for the announcement. in our haste, Parker was selected. defensive tackle is not a position of need for us. this pick will leave some scratching their heads as the weak part on the d-line is at the end position. Parker will play second fiddle to Turner for the foreseeable future. he will probably get some looks at defensive end as well.

Pre-camp ratings: 30/62
                      Post Camp ratings:
                      Post Preseason ratings:
                      Week 8 ratings:
                      Week 16 ratings:

Solecismic Score: 24
                      40 Time: 5.39
                      Bench Reps: 31
                      Agility: 7.45
                      Broad Jump: 9'2"
                      Position Drill: N/A
                      Grade: 5.50
                      Adjusted Grade: 5.90
                      Vol - 93

3.23 - SLB Willie Schultz - 24/57 - some years removed from our stellar duo at LB, the Panthers are still trying to recover from their loss. we're not 100% sure where Schultz will see the majority of his playing time, but a move to the inside is not out of the question at this point.

4.13 - WLB Preston Sanford - 18/55

4.20 - C Al Scoggin - 17/64

4.25 - FL Corwin Bernstein - 13/56

5.24 - LCB Juan Anagnostis - 14/61

6.23 - LCB Kelly Springer - 10/45

7.14 - FS Kenny Dole - 10/41

7.25 - LT Todd Chaudrey - 10/55

Comment

2024 draft class

1.22 - MLB Vinny Mayes - (37/75) - we were surprised to see Mayes available at 1.22. this was a BPA pick for us.
                        with Larry and Coffey manning the inside, Mayes will get looks at all LB positions as he develops. Vinney is best suited for the inside, but our defense has done decently in the past and we'll bring the rookie along at a comfortable pace.

40 Time: 4.89
                        Agility: 7.51
                        Position Drill: 33
                        Grade: 5.80

Post camp - 36/67

2.21 - CB Klyde Kieffer - (37/55) - it's well documented that our defensive backfield has had some serious needs. Anagnostis was a nice find for us last year in the 5th round, but he may never be be more than a nickle back. in fact, with the exception of McManis, almost all of our CBs are nickle or dime backs. all this being said, Kieffer's role will depend upon his TC and preseason. at worst he'll be our nickle back until he's ready to take the starting position from Rolle.

Solecismic Score: 16
                        40 Time: 4.49
                        Bench Reps: 14
                        Agility: 7.13
                        Position Drill: 43
                        Adjusted Grade: 5.50

Post camp - 40/51

3.23 - RB Ray Carter - (35/55) - we drafted Carter to move him to receiver. with Royal not getting any younger, we felt that it was in our best interest to get another weapon for Barrett. we may have reached a bit far for a receiver project, but we feel that Carter's potential was worth the reach.

Solecismic Score: 13
                        Agility: 7.26
                        Broad Jump: 10' 1"
                        Position Drill: 18

Post camp - 34/50

4.22 - CB Archie Walters - (20/48) - see above regarding our CB situation. Walters may just be another addition to our plethora of nickle and dime backs or he could surprise us. only time will tell.

Solecismic Score: 22
                        40 Time: 4.45
                        Broad Jump: 8' 10"
                        Position Drill: 32
                        Grade: 4.30
                        Adjusted Grade: 4.40

Post camp - 20/44

5.12 - RB Jason Lovallo - (29/47) - we paid a future 4th and 5th to move into the 5th round (5.12 & 5.13). we really like Lovallo and believe that his combines point to him being a good fit to our system. he isn't a burner, but his breakaway speed is good enough and his elusiveness looks great.

Solecismic Score: 13
                        40 Time: 4.55
                        Agility: 7.17
                        Broad Jump: 9' 8"
                        Position Drill: 19
                        Grade: 3.90

Post camp - 31/47

5.13 - TE J.J. Caldwell - (25/59) - there's no question who the starting TE for us is. Fuller should man that position for a long time to come. Hoomanawanui showed some promise with his receiving abilities, but Caldwell should be a good receiver and looks to be a better blocker than Hoomy or Dickson. assuming that he performs well in TC, our two TE sets just got better.

Solecismic Score: 17
                        40 Time: 4.77
                        Bench Reps: 21
                        Agility: 7.75
                        Broad Jump: 9' 6"
                        Position Drill: 31

Post camp - 28/52

7.22 - FB Courtney Robinson - (26/54) - we've been searching for a decent backup to Preston. Robinson appears to be more than capable at blocking and is decent at rushing and receiving. our only concern is his conditioning and ability to remain healthy.

Solecismic Score: 16
                        40 Time: 4.73
                        Agility: 7.36

Post camp - 28/48

overall, i think that this draft was a solid one for us. we have some decisions to make after TC as we have a lot of CBs and RBs on our roster.

Comment

2025 Draft Class

1.21 - CB Archie Thies - 36/65 - our failed attempts at finding impact players in later rounds made us go with a CB early. Thies looks to be a coverage and hitting beast. he is a bit of a concern with the red flag, but we think that we can get him to calm down and that his off-field problems are behind him. we like both McManis and Kieffer, but believe that one of the two of them would be better suited as a nickel back with the other starting opposite of Thies.

40 Time: 4.42
                          Agility: 7.20
                          Broad Jump: 8' 10"
                          Position Drill: 48
                          Grade: 5.70
                          Adjusted Grade: 5.90

Pre-camp Ratings: 36/65
                          Post-camp Ratings: 42/65
                          Week 1 Ratings:
                          Week 8 Ratings:
                          Week 17 ratings:

2.20 - LT Grant Lechler - (37/42) - the age of our offensive line is catching up to them. we needed some youth at right tackle after addressing left tackle 2 drafts ago in T.J. McGregor. Lechler will move to RT and will learn the position this season as Hardy Glasgow should be able to man the position again this season. in addition, adding Fisher this off season will allow Justice to move to guard if or when necessary.

Solecismic Score: 34
                          40 Time: 5.16
                          Bench Reps: 20
                          Agility: 7.66
                          Broad Jump: 8' 3"
                          Grade: 5.20
                          Adjusted Grade: 5.70

Pre-camp Ratings: 37/42
                          Post-camp Ratings: 39/41
                          Week 1 Ratings:
                          Week 8 Ratings:
                          Week 17 ratings:

3.20 - FB Jerome Cunningham - (29/62) - we love our current fullback, Reuben Preston, especially as a receiver. we really need a blocker out of the backfield. there is a lot to like about Cunningham and he should at least supplant Courtney Robinson as the backup. Cunningham will eventually take over for Preston, but Reuben isn't quite done yet.

Bench Reps: 22
                          Agility: 7.52
                          Position Drill: 29

Pre-camp Ratings: 29/62
                          Post-camp Ratings: 31/54
                          Week 1 Ratings:
                          Week 8 Ratings:
                          Week 17 ratings:

6.19 - DE David Levine - (11/52) - Levine is rough around the edges, but we liked his ability to stop the run and get around the edge on the pass rush. his ability to sniff out plays and adjust once the ball has been snapped is very good as well. Smith has played well at LDE, but we don't know how long he can keep up his production. Levine will take a seat and learn the ropes this season unless he's thrust into the starting role for some unforeseen reason.

40 Time: 4.80
                          Bench Reps: 19
                          Agility: 7.69
                          Position Drill: --
                          Volatility: 83

Pre-camp Ratings: 11/52
                          Post-camp Ratings: 21/55
                          Week 1 Ratings:
                          Week 8 Ratings:
                          Week 17 ratings:

6.20 - SE Cedric Ferguson - (20/44) - we needed a little more depth at receiver before the draft was over. Ferguson will be just that, depth. he will however help in the kick return game as well as on special teams.

Solecismic Score: 15
                          Bench Reps: 10
                          Broad Jump: 9' 7"
                          Position Drill: 27
                          Volatility: 78

Pre-camp Ratings: 20/44
                          Post-camp Ratings: 20/36
                          Week 1 Ratings:
                          Week 8 Ratings:
                          Week 17 ratings:

7.21 - RB Bryce Delgado - (27/38) - Delgado is the sixth running back on our roster. we grabbed him late as we needed help in our return game. he isn't likely to lead the league in avg per return, or rack up 12 TDs in a season, but he's definitely better than the majority of our players at returning both kicks and punts. additionally, his speed, elusiveness, and hole recognition are serviceable enough that he should get some touches.

40 Time: 4.64
                          Bench Reps: 15
                          Broad Jump: 9' 9"
                          Position Drill: 13
                          Adjusted Grade: 4.90
                          Volatility: 32

Pre-camp Ratings: 27/38
                          Post-camp Ratings: 29/38
                          Week 1 Ratings: