Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Week 14 Discussion

  1. #1
    Senior Member BazookaJohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tennessee Titans
    Posts
    319

    Week 14 Discussion

    AFC South is slightly depressing this year. We are in the "lead" with a 5-8 record so at best the winner of the division will be 8-8. Frankly, I'd rather not get to the playoffs right now as we are playing some crappy football, especially since the patch it seems. There is no doubt in my mind we'd get trounced in the playoffs and get a crappy draft slot as a reward. Not sure if going to the playoffs helps the revenue and fan interest enough to warrant that sort of outcome.

  2. #2
    Senior Member FlexD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    138
    the patch has impacted almost all teams


    Dallas GM since 2057
    Record 67-39
    Division Titles - 2059/2060/2061/2062
    Conference Titles - 2061/2062
    Bowl Wins - 2062
    Playoff Record - 7-3

  3. #3
    Senior Member BazookaJohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tennessee Titans
    Posts
    319
    Not sure what's going on with this league. I know my team's downward slide has led to me having a little less interest in posting recently but it's been several weeks of no comments on the games in here. Are people just that bummed about the patch?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BazookaJohnny View Post
    Not sure what's going on with this league. I know my team's downward slide has led to me having a little less interest in posting recently but it's been several weeks of no comments on the games in here. Are people just that bummed about the patch?
    I get one or two major injuries to starters every week. TE out for the year. Starting WR has missed 10 games and counting. Multiple injuries to defensive linemen, one of which is out for the year. Several defensive backs injured. Had the EXACT same problem when I was managing Cincinnati. Not sure why, but I always seem to have more injuries and they seem to last longer in this league. I know turf is poor in Cleveland like it was in Cincy. Game just isn't fun with all these injuries, and that's the reason I have lost interest this season. That's even with me currently sitting in a wildcard spot, but oh well.

  5. #5
    Asst Commish Dawgfan19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York Jets
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    I know turf is poor in Cleveland like it was in Cincy.
    You summed it up with this observation. And given your schedule, that's 10 poor fields and 2 fair fields you have played on this year. I doubt even the best strength coordinator would overcome playing on rock piles like this.


    Franchise Bowl Champions 2030, 2038, 2041, 2043, 2045-2048, 2050, 2053, 2057-2059, 2061, 2063
    AC Champions 2031, 2032, 2040, 2044, 2049, 2051-2052, 2062
    AC East Champions 2030-2032, 2036, 2038, 2040-2044, 2046-2063
    Regular Season Record: 436-105-3
    Post Season Record: 68-18

  6. #6
    Senior Member FlexD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    I get one or two major injuries to starters every week. TE out for the year. Starting WR has missed 10 games and counting. Multiple injuries to defensive linemen, one of which is out for the year. Several defensive backs injured. Had the EXACT same problem when I was managing Cincinnati. Not sure why, but I always seem to have more injuries and they seem to last longer in this league. I know turf is poor in Cleveland like it was in Cincy. Game just isn't fun with all these injuries, and that's the reason I have lost interest this season. That's even with me currently sitting in a wildcard spot, but oh well.
    Hopefully you'll stick around


    Dallas GM since 2057
    Record 67-39
    Division Titles - 2059/2060/2061/2062
    Conference Titles - 2061/2062
    Bowl Wins - 2062
    Playoff Record - 7-3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •