Thread: Week 1 Discussion

Week 1 Discussion

Gg, Bob. This might be a game in which I would say our 1st round placekicker actually played an integral part in winning the game. He helped us to dominate field position, as Pittsburgh only started further than the 25 yard line one time, and that was their 27. He also made 7 of 8 field goals, and his only miss was a 58 yarder just before half. Offensively, we ran for over 200 yards. Defensively, we shut down Kearns and his WRs by allowing just 159 yards and picking off two passes.

gg Nygiants
    We overcome 4 int's by Mangum, in our big division win against NYG. Lead by our defense which had 4 sacks, a forced fumble, and held NY to 129 net passing yards, we were able to overcome those 4 picks and secure the win.

Dallas GM since 2057
    Record 67-39
    Division Titles - 2059/2060/2061/2062
    Conference Titles - 2061/2062
    Bowl Wins - 2062
    Playoff Record - 7-3

GG mac,

A rather unceremonious first effort in the league for us. Looks like I didn't have the export in that I thought I did. In any case, my starting QB throws 2 ints in his first 3 attempts, and losing 4 fumbles was just icing on the cake.

Hope to give you a better contest later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel View Post
    Gg, Bob. This might be a game in which I would say our 1st round placekicker actually played an integral part in winning the game. He helped us to dominate field position, as Pittsburgh only started further than the 25 yard line one time, and that was their 27. He also made 7 of 8 field goals, and his only miss was a 58 yarder just before half. Offensively, we ran for over 200 yards. Defensively, we shut down Kearns and his WRs by allowing just 159 yards and picking off two passes.
    Yup
    Thanks for the ass whippin
    Maybe we will be able to return the favor later this season

FFL Steelers since 2059
    9-7

GG Jeremessiah. Delgado and the rookie RB Jarvis got the job done vs. your pass-happy Houston squad. Always interesting to face Houston these days with their scheme. We gave up a ton of yards but did enough to keep them out of our end zone including one INT that our offense was able to get the win. There are some things to like about our team with the veteran Delgado being probably the chief reason we should still be a bit competitive.

Edit: forgot it's Lubbock now.
    Last edited by BazookaJohnny; 01-22-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Run1963 View Post
    GG mac,

A rather unceremonious first effort in the league for us. Looks like I didn't have the export in that I thought I did. In any case, my starting QB throws 2 ints in his first 3 attempts, and losing 4 fumbles was just icing on the cake.

Hope to give you a better contest later in the season.

Yeah GG Miami, I've never had a gp work as well as it did, and I'm sure I won't ever again. I would say you not exporting what you thought you did had nothing to do with this Either way I'll take a win any way we can get it, there's only 16 of these opportunities.

Costly win. Lost a DE and WR. Nothing too serious ,but we'll be short for a few weeks.

GG Fortress
    GM 2058-
    Record: 62-32
    Playoffs: 1-5
    Division Titles: 2058 (#1 seed), 59, 60, 62 (#2)

Quote Originally Posted by sawblade300 View Post
    Costly win. Lost a DE and WR. Nothing too serious ,but we'll be short for a few weeks.

GG Fortress
    GG Saw,

Last season's starting QB Dennis Everett is holding out, but I thought this was a blessing in disguise since I though Zane McNeil looked better. If this game is anything to go by, it will be a rough season. He had a couple of costly turnovers, and we only managed to put up 10 points in a game where our defense was keeeping us competitive.

Best of luck the rest of the season.
    49ers GM: 2060-
    Record: 16-16
    NFC West Division Title, 2061
    Playoffs: 2061 (3rd seed)

Quote Originally Posted by BazookaJohnny View Post
    GG Jeremessiah. Delgado and the rookie RB Jarvis got the job done vs. your pass-happy Houston squad. Always interesting to face Houston these days with their scheme. We gave up a ton of yards but did enough to keep them out of our end zone including one INT that our offense was able to get the win. There are some things to like about our team with the veteran Delgado being probably the chief reason we should still be a bit competitive.

Edit: forgot it's Lubbock now.
    If you import configuration it's Texas again

It was a heck of a game, I can't complain about my offense much, except Hennessee got too many targets and din't do well with them. 550+ yards and 98 qb rating is good though. My defense on the other hand, Delgado embarrassed us