Issues Changing Playbook Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues Changing Playbook Plays

So, three times now I've tried to delete plays from my playbook and add new ones to no avail. Has anyone else succesfully done this? Or has anyone else had trouble? I'm pretty frustrated. I am on v8.2a, I was extremely careful, deleted 2 plays, added 2 new custom plays, added them to the gameplan, then I import and the 'new' plays I've added to my playbook have disappeared, and instead of them being in my gameplan the plays I deleted from the playbook are there instead. Like the game recognizes I've changed my gameplan but it still points back to the old playbook and added the lousy plays I thought I deleted. Hope that makes sense, any ideas??

If I'm understanding you right, you're changing the plays and THEN importing the file? That could be it. Import first.

If that's not it, something that I think we've discovered is that any changes to the playbook only hold for the current week. Once the week advances, then the PB reverts back to your TC PB. Seems you may only be able to make changes on a week by week basis and not a permanent one.
    GM 2058-2065
    Record: 81-45
    Playoffs: 1-6
    Division Titles: 2058 (#1 seed), 59, 60, 62 (#2)

Comment

Sorry, I meant I make the changes, then export, but when I import AFTER the next stage's been run it's back to my original playbook but the gameplan that my team runs during that game is not the one I exported. Interesting that the changes aren't permanent. That sucks actually. I better make sure I craft a better TC -playbook instead of my mostly guided-generation one

Comment

OK, I believe I have this figured out now

1 - delete a play....edits dont seem to work as well
        2 - Create a new play and "confirm" it - this can be done up to 12 times per sim
        3 - Save the Playbook "in game" as the exact same filename you used when you exported your training camp sim and always make each league a different file name
        4 - export ... this can be done for gameday or midweek sims but seems more likely to "take" in a gameday sim
        5 - after the sim - ask the commish to put your playbook on the server and "restore playbook"

As always YMMV, but this seems to work for me....most of the time

you can also leave 12 slots open and add 12 new plays each week based on your opponent ... and then simply not save them
        Last edited by Red Zone; 09-17-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Very interesting, any confirmation?

Comment

yep...thats how it works...at least thats what ive done and it works for me

Comment

Working...
            X