New Game (please read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game (please read)

So by the post below it looks like we might not get MP in the first release of the new FOF / OoTP game, maybe not even in the second. The more of us MP players that post and tell them we are not happy and won't buy the more chance we get of getting MP. You can post here, http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=291320

thanks

Wasn’t Jim a small company?
    OOTP is bigger than solecismic software
    without the mp players posting fof would never have gotten onto steam... take the money and run... typical

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zone View Post
      Wasn’t Jim a small company?
      OOTP is bigger than solecismic software
      without the mp players posting fof would never have gotten onto steam... take the money and run... typical

I agree, I'm not sure how you can make the argument that just single player is a good option. No game for any console would release a single player only game these days. Let alone a game where the success was built on the MP platform. hmmmmm, I hope they address this issue.
      FFL Champions 2069 -- Go Bills

Comment

Markus(OOTP) sales many more games to the SP than the MP, it's his bread and butter. FWIW

Dallas GM since 2057
        Record 97-57
        Division Titles - 2059/2060/2061/2062/2063/2064
        Conference Titles - 2061/2062
        Bowl Wins - 2062
        Playoff Record - 10-5

Comment

Jim is going to post some views / explanations by the weekend, should be a very interesting read and i guess by the weekend we'll have a very good view as to were FOF9 is going

Comment

I do love the rampant speculation throughout all the leagues I'm in.

Comment

OOTP's main focus right now is with "Team Perfect" a MP baseball game that runs with OOTP 19. FOF9 isn't on their front burner at the moment. Don't expect MP anytime soon. A lot of their team is working on "Team Perfect" and trying to roll out beta testing the first of Oct. Nothing wrong with positive thinking about what could be though.

Dallas GM since 2057
              Record 97-57
              Division Titles - 2059/2060/2061/2062/2063/2064
              Conference Titles - 2061/2062
              Bowl Wins - 2062
              Playoff Record - 10-5

Comment

i don't play SP but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to focus on having a stable and bug-free SP game before expanding to incorporate MP components. Resources are always limited and you have to prioritize the tasks. having a stable SP game beats having a buggy SP/MP game. Despite the fact that I would love to see MP on day 1, I am also glad that I am not day-1 guinea pigs.
                "The problem with life is that we have to live it from the beginning, but it makes sense only when seen from the end." - M. Kaplan in Chances are.

Comment

Originally posted by cyril View Post
                  i don't play SP but I don't think it's unreasonable for them to focus on having a stable and bug-free SP game before expanding to incorporate MP components. Resources are always limited and you have to prioritize the tasks. having a stable SP game beats having a buggy SP/MP game. Despite the fact that I would love to see MP on day 1, I am also glad that I am not day-1 guinea pigs.
                  +1.
                  Totally agree. Played SP from FOF 2001 'till I discovered MP since FOF 2007. But I rather have a stable game with a solid future. I reckon we could lose a lot of players with a rushed and buggy MP-option.

Comment

When fof merged with OOTP i heard all these predictions of grandeur
                    "A Match made in heaven"
                    If there had been no merger we might have waited longer for a new game but there would be MP in it
                    FOF would never have been green lighted on steam if it weren't for the MP Community

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zone View Post
                      When fof merged with OOTP i heard all these predictions of grandeur
                      "A Match made in heaven"
                      If there had been no merger we might have waited longer for a new game but there would be MP in it
                      FOF would never have been green lighted on steam if it weren't for the MP Community
                      Completely agree with you, Jim has sold us out by the looks of things.

Comment

There is no guarantee that FOF9 would even exist. Jim could've gotten hit by a bus. Instead, he's joined with another company that will redesign the UI (a complaint of many). They also have a very large multi-sport and SP community to pull new MP people from. That's 2 wins. Just because the initial release of the new program MAY not have MP yet, the sky is falling. If it doesn't, we still have FOF8 until it does. We're losing nothing in the deal.

Comment

Working...
                        X