Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders.com-The Diary of a Madman

Oakland Lands the Big Fish

The Oakland Raiders swung for the fences and went yard with their most recent hiring as they brought in veteran GM ezlee2 as their new face of the franchise. Trader Rob comes to the Raiders with an impressive resume and has been tasked with turning the franchise around. The team hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons and they haven't had much success when they do qualify. Still, there is optimism with the signing of the new President and Director of Football Operations.

Trader Rob is known to make bold moves and his arrival at the team's facility put everyone on notice including Head Coach Alec Sells who many expect to be relieved of his duties this offseason. Fans are wondering how Trader Rob will mold the roster into his own. There has already been talk that teams have inquired about young QB Kendall Maxwell who is entering the final year of his contract. Trader Rob told reporters that no player is immune and that he will be doing an inventory and making the changes he believes will result in a championship. "I win everywhere I go. This will be no different. My job is to bring a championship to this franchise and that's just what we will do."

Time will tell what the impact their new leader will have, but one thing is certain. Change, it's gonna come...
    Last edited by ezlee2; 01-31-2018, 11:27 AM.

Impact of new GM already felt as team makes changes to staff/roster

When the Oakland Raiders brought in new GM ezlee2 we knew it was only a matter of time before the brass GM began to mold the team as he sees fit. GM Trader Rob wasted no time as he fired Head Coach Alec Sells and made additional changes to the staff replacing everyone accept DC Louie Shaw. The Raiders didn't look outside of the organization though as they have turned to former OC Titus Young to lead the team moving forward. Young's close relationship with 4th year QB Kendall Maxwell was apparently a major deciding factor and makes it less likely the team will be trading the young QB.

Lost in the changes at the coaching positions was the changes to the team's roster as the team released three players including last year's #1 pick RB Kelvin Starks who never seemed to fit in with the team after being selected 17th overall in the 2054 draft. The team also parted ways with LB Gino Parker and LB Dustin Halley.

The team has also announced that they will be placing the franchise tag on DE Brent Browning as they begin to prepare for free agency and the upcoming entry draft.

Comment

terrelle-pryor-oakland-raiders-indianapolis-colts.jpg

Raiders GM gives QB Kendall Maxwell a vote of confidence

Raiders GM Trader Rob gave 4th year QB Kendall Maxwell a vote of confidence when asked he was in the team's long term plans. This comes after the team had placed the QB on the block and made a major offer to free agent Mason Jarvis. When asked about the change of direction Trader Rob told reporters that he had multiple inquires for Maxwell, but that he never received an offer that was worthy of serious consideration/ "I don't know who these guys think I am, but I'm Trader Rob. This isn't my first rodeo and I'm not giving away a franchise QB for peanuts. We'll keep the kid and go in another direction before I give away such an important asset."

The team will now turn to signing their impending UFAs as well as explore offers to players on the open market.
      Last edited by ezlee2; 01-31-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

IMAGE-Breaking_Bad-Say_My_Name.jpg

New Raiders GM puts the FFL on Notice!

New Raiders GM wants to make sure that folks know who they're dealing with after receiving what he called "questionable offers" from GMs that might not know who they're dealing with. "I'm motherf%$*king Trader Rob! I'm not some slouch off the street," the brass GM told reporters during his afternoon presser. When asked about specifics TR would not go into details. 'That's not the point of this at all. I just want them to know my name and who they're dealing with."

On a side note, the team is in serious talks with QB Kendall Maxwell and an extension appears to be imminent. "It's not a matter of if at this point, it's a matter of when the GM said.
        Last edited by ezlee2; 01-31-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ezlee2 View Post
          The Raiders didn't look outside of the organization though as they have turned to former OC Titus Young to lead the team moving forward.
          Is he out of prison already?
          Paint by number morning sky looks so phony

Comment

Originally posted by maestro1899 View Post
            Is he out of prison already?
            Apparently by 2038 he is.

Comment

I finally got around to replacing the link to Shark's old Charger thread on the frontpage. I decided to go with this. Perhaps motivation to anyone else that wants to post regularly.

Comment

Working...
              X