Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder on salary obligations

Hey!

Can someone remind me when the last sim is before a person can be cut and not incur any of the salary obligations of that year? (I understand bonus money is gone/lost for all yrs remaining on contract if cut)

But I know if I have a guy that is making 15m....and 5m is bonus. If I cut him now, I get the 10m back for my cap room......but at some point some (a portion) of the 10m is also unrecoverable. Is that once the LFA sims start?

Thanks!
    Lon
    SDG
    Last edited by tbuck27; 06-01-2016, 05:03 PM.

I believe...and someone can correct me if I am wrong...Salary is based on games
    so preseason week 1 would be when a player starts getting paychecks and his salary cap savings would change if you cut or trade him
    It ends week 17, when a player has earned his full salary for that season...I know that
    I believe it starts preseason week 1, so it would be 22 weeks? or 20 if the Bye week and the open preseason week dont count
    This is a good question that everyone should be aware of

If you want to check the current cap savings on a player, click on view rosters
    then contract view and there is a column that shows what you save if you release each player (save if release)

Comment

Thanks RedZone! Yes, I can see the current savings...but was hoping if I can backfill in either FA or draft some positions, I could drop some significant money due some 'mediocre' players. But don't want to cut too soon, and find I have nothing to replace the high priced dudes with.

Thanks for reply!

Lon
      SDG

Comment

Working...
      X