Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to make changes

Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to answer the following...

I am thinking about bumping a couple players up into starting roles, and also changing my base defense (from 3-4 to a 4-3) but can't do so until after camp from my understanding on how stages are set up.

Will this have any impact on player development, since they won't be "practicing" in camp with the defense I plan to run after that?

If I remember the only time during the off-season we can start changing who's "running with the 1's" and base defense, etc, is after training camp.

My primary concern is the guy I just drafted at 1.3 is undersized for DE in a 3-4, but that's what my base defensive has been set at for a couple years. He would fit much better as a DE in a 4-3 due to his size so I want to make the change to my base defense. Does it really matter? Will it impact his development during TC? Or is there a time I can somehow make these changes before camp?

Thanks much!
    Bob

First, as I understand the game, weight plays some, but not an extensive role, in player performance. I wouldn't let the size of a DE drive the 3-4 or 4-3 decision. Your DTs are not great, so that would be a negative factor in a 4-3 scheme change. However, you also don't have a solid pass rush WLB which is key to a good 3-4 defense.

If you elect to change, I suggest position changing the appropriate players before TC/PS2. So, move NTs to LDT or RDT (same for the MLB to strong or weak). That would improve any issues with lack of positional experience.
    Franchise Bowl Champions 2030, 2038, 2041, 2043, 2045-2048, 2050, 2053, 2057-2059, 2061, 2063
    AC Champions 2031, 2032, 2040, 2044, 2049, 2051-2052, 2062
    AC East Champions 2030-2032, 2036, 2038, 2040-2044, 2046-2063
    Regular Season Record: 436-105-3
    Post Season Record: 68-18

Comment

Originally posted by Dawgfan19 View Post
      First, as I understand the game, weight plays some, but not an extensive role, in player performance. I wouldn't let the size of a DE drive the 3-4 or 4-3 decision. Your DTs are not great, so that would be a negative factor in a 4-3 scheme change. However, you also don't have a solid pass rush WLB which is key to a good 3-4 defense.

If you elect to change, I suggest position changing the appropriate players before TC/PS2. So, move NTs to LDT or RDT (same for the MLB to strong or weak). That would improve any issues with lack of positional experience.
      I appreciate the insight and advice.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X